Author Topic: John Podesta's password was . . .  (Read 3205 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
John Podesta's password was . . .
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »

. . . 'password', according to Julian Assange:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/assange-tells-hannity-that-podestas-password-was-um-password-2017-01-04

I wonder if he uses the same one for his luggage.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

dm1333

• friend
Re: John Podesta's password was . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 04:20:46 PM »
Nope, that's 1-2-3-4!   :lol:

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/assange-tells-hannity-that-podestas-password-was-um-password-2017-01-04

I guess p@55w0rd was too hard to remember.

Oddly I did have to talk one ex girlfriend out of using passwords that looked like line-noise-damaged teco command strings because she'd eventually forget the less-used ones, resulting in a number of no-longer-accessible encrypted drives, etc.  Really, I was impressed that she could remember any of them for more than five minutes.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 04:35:59 PM »
Nope, that's 1-2-3-4!   :lol:

Nope, that's his iPhone passcode and ATM PIN.

;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
Nope, that's his iPhone passcode and ATM PIN.

;/ ;/

You laugh. I've seen it done. Hell, I've seen businesses with hundred million dollar revenues where the owner used "password1" as a password. On EVERYTHING.

There's a reason why I try to never use credit cards.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
. . . 'password', according to Julian Assange:

I wonder if he uses the same one for his luggage.

Yep, smartest people in the room.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
Yep, smartest people in the room.

They're the pilots flying the plane!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 07:06:20 PM »
I wouldn't trust Assange if he told me July follows June.    His activities have gotten Americans killed......why do many feel he's some sort of hero?  He's a  CRIMINAL!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »
I guess p@55w0rd was too hard to remember.

Close, it's "P@$$vv0rD" or just "asswrod"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 07:39:41 PM »
I wouldn't trust Assange if he told me July follows June.    His activities have gotten Americans killed......why do many feel he's some sort of hero?  He's a  CRIMINAL!

Can't stop the signal.

I'm on the fence.  Assange wasn't under any obligation to protect that info.  Look at how much damage has been done by morons with security credentials leaking *expletive deleted*it through carelessness.

Can you imagine where we'd be right now without years of wikileaks?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »
You laugh. I've seen it done. Hell, I've seen businesses with hundred million dollar revenues where the owner used "password1" as a password. On EVERYTHING.

There's a reason why I try to never use credit cards.
I honestly think my credit cards have been hacked or stolen by crooks working at department stores more often then online stuff.  Might be the same cause though.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 08:55:48 PM »

Actually, I never did.  Even when he published all the stuff he got from Manning.  Manning was the criminal.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »

Even Palin has flip flopped on Assange at this point.
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/04/six-years-after-comparing-him-to-al-qaida-sarah-palin-apologizes-to-wikileaks-assange/
I suspect the ends justify the means for far too many people. He will return to persona non grata once he gets & releases some juicy stuff from the incoming administration.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »
I honestly think my credit cards have been hacked or stolen by crooks working at department stores more often then online stuff.  Might be the same cause though.

I'd pretty much guarantee it.  People demand high levels of security from online retailers, then hand their credit card to a below-minimum-wage waitress who wanders off with it for ten minutes.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »
I'd pretty much guarantee it.  People demand high levels of security from online retailers, then hand their credit card to a below-minimum-wage waitress who wanders off with it for ten minutes.
I was thinking of just the backroom folks having access to the numbers.  I guess in the old days, they had all the carbon copies.  I am not sure what they have these days. 

Years ago, a girl I worked with had a department store card with bad charges.  She went to the store and canceled the card only to have it reopened with more bad charges. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 10:58:34 AM »
When I worked for a rental car agency back we had an employee rent a vehicle from us.  Shortly afterwards he quit coming to work and kept the car longer than the rental agreement.  We eventually went and retrieved the car and when we got it back to the office and started cleaning it, we found multiple credit cards from multiple customers.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
Assange / Wikileaks Big Data Dumps:

1. Bradley Manning documents.
 Mostly state dept, IIRC. Anyone know any different?  May have been some names of local data sources, too, but again I am not sure.  If so, that was damaging, but damaging to whom?  State dept has its own agenda that is mostly opposed to my way of thinking.  So, if Freakboy Manning's leaks damaged Victoria Nuland's and such folks' plans, I am not too worried. 

2. Apache gunship video footage.
I never thought this was a big whoop, damage-wise.  May very well have been unlawful in that the footage may have been classified, so not good.  But I recall that the video showed our Apache drivers doing their job and doing it well, turning jihadis into chum.

3. Podesta Email.
Very helpful in demonstrating that the ruling class is one entity, policritters, journalists, and bureaucritters all on hte same team in opposition to Americans.

Have I missed any big wikileaks dumps?

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »
Trumps willingness to call out the various institutions on this is refreshing.  There should never be government by secret report.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »

The only time I had a credit card number stolen was when the woman working in the card issuing department at the bank was selling the card information. It wasn't a hard crime to solve.

As for Assange, what he's been doing is wrong. However, as has been noted so many times, if he hadn't released the information, the MSM would never have looked into what happened with Bernie, with the Foundation, with Hillary's selling access, etc.

There are no white hats in this story. Obama, Hillary, the DNC, the FBI, the CIA, Wikileaks, the MSM, and others are all guilty.  I still question whether the Russians had anything to do with this, and I probably won't be convinced by anything our government releases. Putin gained a lot more power because of Obama and Hillary; why stop the gravy train? Assange is a liberal, although he detests Hillary (maybe for trying to get him droned).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
Trumps willingness to call out the various institutions on this is refreshing.  There should never be government by secret report.

Agreed, but at this point he's calling out the opposition. The test will be whether or not he maintains transparency during his own administration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 08:01:20 PM »
FWIW Can we all at least agree that McCain should not be leading any committee or subcommittee having anything to do with computers? Or really any committees at all, but especially any related to computers or technology?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 08:05:03 PM »
The only time I had a credit card number stolen was when the woman working in the card issuing department at the bank was selling the card information. It wasn't a hard crime to solve.

As for Assange, what he's been doing is wrong. However, as has been noted so many times, if he hadn't released the information, the MSM would never have looked into what happened with Bernie, with the Foundation, with Hillary's selling access, etc.

There are no white hats in this story. Obama, Hillary, the DNC, the FBI, the CIA, Wikileaks, the MSM, and others are all guilty.  I still question whether the Russians had anything to do with this, and I probably won't be convinced by anything our government releases. Putin gained a lot more power because of Obama and Hillary; why stop the gravy train? Assange is a liberal, although he detests Hillary (maybe for trying to get him droned).

And the sad fact is, we have more to fear from our own political elite than from Russia, at this point. If they actually did keep HRC out of the White House, we owe them our gratitude.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 01:45:23 PM »

And the sad fact is, we have more to fear from our own political elite than from Russia, at this point. If they actually did keep HRC out of the White House, we owe them our gratitude.

My point is that America helped the Russians defeat the Nazis... so why is everyone freaking out that maybe the Russians finally returned the favor and helped America defeat the Democrats?
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
My point is that America helped the Russians defeat the Nazis... so why is everyone freaking out that maybe the Russians finally returned the favor and helped America defeat the Democrats?

Well played.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife