Author Topic: Progressives Taking Oath to the Constitution  (Read 896 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Progressives Taking Oath to the Constitution
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:44:44 PM »
Apparently progressives, led by Hollywood halfwits, are now serious about the Constitution and there is now some fad where they are taking an "oath" to it.

I have to say, as someone who took his oath very seriously (and even in retirement I still feel obligated to it the same as when I was still with the gov), I'm kind of offended at these numbskulls taking an "oath" as a political statement. Plus, as comments in the link below state, do these snowflakes know that defending the constitution includes the 2nd Amendment?

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/01/20/doh-trump-tormented-debra-messing-reminded-of-constitutional-duties-after-self-administered-oath/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Progressives Taking Oath to the Constitution
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:25:25 AM »
Remember this?

https://youtu.be/5gahIYMH23U?t=1m5s

"I pledge to be a servant to our President."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:27:28 AM »
Apparently progressives, led by Hollywood halfwits, are now serious about the Constitution and there is now some fad where they are taking an "oath" to it.

I have to say, as someone who took his oath very seriously (and even in retirement I still feel obligated to it the same as when I was still with the gov), I'm kind of offended at these numbskulls taking an "oath" as a political statement. Plus, as comments in the link below state, do these snowflakes know that defending the constitution includes the 2nd Amendment?

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/01/20/doh-trump-tormented-debra-messing-reminded-of-constitutional-duties-after-self-administered-oath/

You have obviously forgotten that the Constitution is a living document. That means they get to take an oath to uphold their Constitution, not your musty, moldy old Constitution.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:28:38 AM »
You have obviously forgotten that the Constitution is a living document. That means they get to take an oath to uphold their Constitution, not your musty, moldy old Constitution.

That living document thing has always seemed dumb to me.  Yes we have amendments, and the courts interpret it too.  But that's not what they mean by living document.  To swear an oath to it, but only the parts YOU believe in, is just saying "I promise to believe what I believe today".  It's not an oath at all, you might as well take an oath that you like ice cream.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.