Author Topic: When the shoe is on the other foot . . .  (Read 1231 times)

HankB

• friend
When the shoe is on the other foot . . .
« on: February 15, 2017, 10:49:31 AM »
. . . your toes tend to get pinched.

A reporter from something called "American Urban Radio Networks" claims that in a confrontation with White House communications official Omarosa Manigault, she was told a "dossier" was being kept on her.

SURPRISE! The meeting/confrontation was taped - and doesn't support her version of the encounter.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/%e2%80%98this-is-nixonian%e2%80%99-reporter-was-taped-by-white-house-in-heated-exchange/ar-AAmWHge?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U270DHP

Reporters love surreptitious recordings and open mics of the people they're targeting, but when someone does that to THEM . . . they cry foul.

I'm loving this.   :rofl:

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: When the shoe is on the other foot . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »
White House press team or media representative.

Can I believe that BOTH are lying?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 12:01:47 PM »
One thing we in the military have been taught, when dealing with the press, they will always look for ways to use your words and actions to sell their story, not yours.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 04:14:30 PM »
I'm sure I've mentioned this before.  When I was in LE and involved in something newsworthy, I used to say that when reading about the situation in the local paper, that if I hadn't been there I wouldn't have known what really happened.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 04:26:11 PM »
The meeting/confrontation was taped

I'm glad that our politicians are finally coming to terms with their terrible memories and doing something about it. Ya try ask them if if they ever kept classified information on their private email server or if they've been talking to the Russians and they can't remember a darn thing! If they record everything maybe they'll be able to say something other than "I don't recall" when asked a question.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 05:26:17 PM »
"Nixonian," meaning "anything a Republican politician does, which Democrats decide they don't like." For example, using the IRS as a club against one political opponents is Nixonian, if a Republican administration does it. Authorizing the sale of weapons to foreign drug gangs, if a Republican president does it. Lying about legislation to get it passed, and then brow-beating the court into overlooking its unconstitutionality - but only if a Republican does it. Illegally carrying on state business (often involving classified intel) on a private email server, if a Republican does it. Blaming one's own, lethal, foreign policy blunders on a YouTube crank, if a Republican does it.

One could go on at some length.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
"Nixonian," meaning "anything a Republican politician does, which Democrats decide they don't like." For example, using the IRS as a club against one political opponents is Nixonian, if a Republican administration does it. Authorizing the sale of weapons to foreign drug gangs, if a Republican president does it. Lying about legislation to get it passed, and then brow-beating the court into overlooking its unconstitutionality - but only if a Republican does it. Illegally carrying on state business (often involving classified intel) on a private email server, if a Republican does it. Blaming one's own, lethal, foreign policy blunders on a YouTube crank, if a Republican does it.

One could go on at some length.

So what is it when those things are done by a Democrat?

"Statesmanship."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 07:12:24 PM »
Manigault and Ryan were formerly friends; Manigault had even asked Ryan last summer to be a bridesmaid in her forthcoming wedding. But their relationship soured in the fall when Manigault, then working on Trump’s presidential campaign, suggested in emails to Ryan that the journalist was accepting money from Hillary Clinton’s campaign for favorable coverage. Ryan vigorously denied it.

“Protect your legacy!!” Manigault wrote to Ryan in October. “You have worked too hard to have people question your ethics as a journalist.” She cited a story that mentioned the Clinton campaign’s efforts to woo journalists and added, “This story suggests that as a reporter, you are (or were) a paid Clinton surrogate. I pray this is not true! This could be hurtful to your legacy and the integrity of your work.”
Her outrage at the comment indicates to me she probably was taking money.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 09:49:04 PM »
I'm glad that our politicians are finally coming to terms with their terrible memories and doing something about it. Ya try ask them if if they ever kept classified information on their private email server or if they've been talking to the Russians and they can't remember a darn thing! If they record everything maybe they'll be able to say something other than "I don't recall" when asked a question.

Better when set to music . . .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZbf4WxHkcI
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain