Author Topic: Holiday groaner...  (Read 724 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Holiday groaner...
« on: December 25, 2006, 04:12:24 AM »

Mr. Brown was having some mouth pains and went to his dentis's office to have it checked out.

After a brief examination the dentist spotted the problem and exclaimed, "Holy Smoke! That plate I installed in your mouth about six months ago has nearly completely corroded. What on earth have you been eating?"

Brown thought for a moment and replied, Well, the only thing I can think of is this,  my wife made me some asparagus about four months ago with this stuff on it Hollandaise sauce she call it. And Doctor, I'm telling you it's delicious, I've never tasted anything like it. And ever since I've been putting it on everything; meat, fish, toast, vegetables, you name it.

The dentist nodded his head and said, "That's probably it. Hollandaise sauce is made with lemon juice, which is acidic and highly corrosive. It seems as though I'll have to install a new plate, but this time made out of chrome."

"Why chrome? Isn't there something else that would work?" asked Brown.

The dentist replied, "Well, everyone knows that there's no plate like chrome for the Hollandaise."

--------  Happy Hollandaise !!  ------------

grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Stickjockey

• friend
Re: Holiday groaner...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 07:33:33 AM »
ouch-
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 07:55:01 AM »
*groan*

But actually, I like it.  grin And it's one I haven't heard before. Wink
Andy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 11:54:17 AM »
OY!
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw