Author Topic: Cool new toy/tool for Christmas.  (Read 1503 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
Cool new toy/tool for Christmas.
« on: December 25, 2006, 06:36:47 PM »
I haven't gotten it yet, it's still in the mail angry angry, but I got a promise that it's on the way. This baby is going to help me out at work a lot! No more taking my glove off and sticking my finger in the water to see if it's hot enough (turn up the steam, repeat, turn up the steam, repeat, turn up the steam, repeat, now try to wipe my slightly scalded fingers off on some tiny portion of my clothes that aren't already covered with caustic dust)

Now Introducing the Fluke 62 Mini!
The Fluke 62 Mini non-contact thermometer is the perfect introduction to infrared (IR) thermometers for the professional. With the best accuracy in its class, the Fluke 62 Mini offers quick and reliable surface temperature readings. This compact and portable tool enables professionals to diagnose heating and ventilation problems and monitor the temperature of electrical motors and electrical panels without contact. Rugged enough for industrial environments with its protective rubber boot, the 62 Mini also comes with a handy nylon holster, keeping quick temperature checks at your fingertips.

I also got a great CD by "Blue October". A Texas band, that apparently wants to be British, and have appropriate angst, and a big old box of books with the new Stephen King in there, a Home Depot gift card (whoo-hoo! what guy doesn't dig that) and a new microwave oven.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
Re: Cool new toy/tool for Christmas.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »
I got this cunning hat:

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 12:35:28 PM »
Gift to self this year, a Denon AVR-1707

Replaces the 14 year old AVR-1010 that started buzzing bigtime in late Sept.  Now when I fight in Normandy on the 6th of June 1944 all I hear is the raindrops on my steel helmet and the sound of distant gunfire.  No more annoying 60 Hz ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Also got season 8 of South Park from my sister.  Watched "Good Times With Weapons" & "The Passion Of The Jew" last night. Cheesy
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 01:20:23 PM »
First firearm I've ever received from my stepdad, a new Savage Mark II .22 rifle. It's a light, handy, handsome little devil with a surprisingly large magazine. (I'll be hunting for a flush fitting one PDQ.

Mostly got to see some intermediate family and didn't have to study for any exams.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »
I got  . . . nothing. angry
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 02:48:44 PM »
I got  . . . nothing.
Well, then you should have gotten yourself something El Tejon.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

meinbruder

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »
I guess I got one of each this year.  We had a section of fence blow over in a windstorm, rotten old posts, so it was off to Home Depot.  Wow, look at this 18v drill/circular saw kit with jigsaw, recip saw/ sander, flashlight, mini shopvac, charger and two batteries.  Too cool.  They arent going to build a house but for a duffer like me they are a light year ahead of hand tools. 

The toy is a 40 round drum mag for a 1911, it looks like more fun than utilitarian.  I can hear it now.
Excuse me sir, is that a tennis racket tucked under your coat?   
}:)>
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.....

Da bianhua
}:)>

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 07:43:22 PM »
I'll give you something.  Whatcha want?

crt360

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »

Sorry to hear it.  How about a slightly out-of-date Tex. Civ. Proc. Annotated?  (I'm doing my annual office cleansing.  smiley )

I got ammo, a neat pocket knife, and some socks.
For entertainment purposes only.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 08:14:20 PM »
Wife bought me 2 15L roll top bags, 1 10L roll top bag, otter case that is cell phone/gps sized, water proof map bag, water proof cellphone bag, paddling gloves and a barefoot bear (one with a flyrod and trout).

Parents and In laws both gave me cash which is going towards a new rifle, hopefully this week, I'm torn between a Marlin 336C and a Remington 700 SPS (which is on sale at Cabelas).

I got my wife a base layer set, barefoot bears (Christmas Morning) and diamond earings tw .5 carats vss DE color.  

She made out better than me, but I told her this year was the year of the diamonds and next year is the year of the guns. I have given my wife a ton of diamonds in the past year but I have scored some unreal deals on diamonds and all are bought and paid for.

-C

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 02:38:05 AM »
Among other things I got this book, "Kill It and Grill It" by some guy named Ted Nugent.   grin

The wifey got me a whole buncha other "How to Clean and Cook Game" books to go with it. I told her she's just setting herself up for the day when squirrel is for dinner.  cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 03:01:59 AM »
Because my parents just moved to Alabama (First Xmas without them near) and because they weren't able to shuttle my Grandparents' gifts as in the past, I got a lot of money from my family.  I traded that cash for a Bogen 488CR4 ballhead for my Bogen 3001 tripod, a Canon Pixma IP4300 printer to replace my aging HP Deskjet 932C, and a "corner" computer desk.  I got the printer for just a few dollars more than new ink for the old printer. Cheesy 

No duct tape this year though (traditional "joke" gift from the inlaws), but I did get some duct tape band-aids from my brother.  Yeah, they're real bandages, just using duct tape. Smiley

My wife gave me clothes, some Alton Brown DVDs, and a nice scrapbook with pics of my daughter.  She did a customized version for my parents, her parents, and all the grandparents (our daughter's great grandparents).  Needless to say, they were very well received. Smiley

Chris

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 03:39:19 AM »
Sin, well, I kind of already did get myself something. grin 

Santa Badger brought me a Taurus 4410, which I took over to my bro's.  We shot it Christmas Day.  Very fun weapon. police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.