Author Topic: Probable nuclear targets in the USA by Russia.  (Read 5848 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Probable nuclear targets in the USA by Russia.
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:23:17 PM »
http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/here-are-the-areas-in-the-us-most-likely-to-be-struck-in-a-nuclear-attack-by-russia/

Uh oh.  Look at the upper left corner of the map.  I am about eight miles, as the ICBM flies, from Naval Radio Station Jim Creek.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Probable nuclear targets in the USA by Russia.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:24:01 PM »
man they are REALLY pushing the new cold war angle, aren't they
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:02:59 PM »
http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/here-are-the-areas-in-the-us-most-likely-to-be-struck-in-a-nuclear-attack-by-russia/

That's all? 

How many hundreds of nukes does the Russkies have?  I assumed most of the US would be melted into organic, free-ranging, gluten-free glass.  There are many more military bases capable of launching strikes on the Godless commies.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:13:01 PM »
Zero targets in California?

That seems unlikely.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 10:25:34 PM »
Utter bullfeathers.
Norfolk, San Diego, Charleston,  and Groton to add just a few.
If they were actually going to do an all out strike LA and San Francisco Bay area would also get leveled.
But yeah I'm seeing more and more "The Russians are EVIIILLL!!!" crap coming from the libtarded left. Almost makes me wonder if we'd already be at war with Russia if Hillary had won.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
Zero targets in California?

That seems unlikely.

Why? Aren't they good Communists?

(Hey, SOMEONE had to say it, right?   ;)  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »
Utter bullfeathers.
If they were actually going to do an all out strike LA and San Francisco Bay area would also get leveled.
But yeah I'm seeing more and more "The Russians are EVIIILLL!!!" crap coming from the libtarded left. Almost makes me wonder if we'd already be at war with Russia if Hillary had won.

Gotta agree.  Besides the Norfolk Navy base, there is the Ampib base, Ft. Eustis and Langley on the other side of the river.  If that's not a bullseye what is?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 08:14:34 AM »
I'm wondering if White Sulfur Springs is still on their target list.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 08:36:39 AM »
Utter bullfeathers.

I noticed folks trying to drum up war propaganda Russia as well. Russia is doing plenty of bad things, but I'm curious of people's motivations. Russia is the only country on the planet with more nukes than us. And a moderately decent military. We Americans like to play at war. We haven't faced a real war (ie direct harm to the US) since 1860's with the Civil War. Or 1812 against the British. That's a long history of people being unfamiliar with their homes being burned, their children dead in the mud, rampant starvation, etc. Russia has vast stockpiles of weapons fully equal to our own in terms of lethality, and the will to likely use them if faced with outside invasion.

What is the possible gain of going to war with them for non-essential reasons? I could understand the EU doing so over Ukraine, but they sold out the Ukrainian people in short order. If they invade an ally of our's, fine, it's what we must do. But why would Hillary and company want to start an optional war with Russia?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
What is the possible gain of going to war with them for non-essential reasons? I could understand the EU doing so over Ukraine, but they sold out the Ukrainian people in short order. If they invade an ally of our's, fine, it's what we must do. But why would Hillary and company want to start an optional war with Russia?

For the same reason Democrat politicians do anything: they believe it is to their political advantage.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
If they were actually going to do an all out strike
Ignoring for the moment non state actors and covert attacks, if a nation gets to the point of overtly launching nukes at us they will launch all the land-based ICBMs they have.  Wait, wait.  I'm worried what you heard was, "they will launch a lot of ICBMs."  What I said was, "they will launch all the land-based ICBMs they have." 

Sure, they may keep some warheads stationed on boats and subs in reserve, but fixed installations are going to get plastered in the return volley anyway, so they will want to get as many in the air as possible.

A country like Russia with plenty of warheads will certainly target C&C and military bases both for us and our nuclear-capable allies, but I'm guessing they have tasked a good number to population centers and non-military logistical targets as well.  I'm certain we plan on doing the same.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »
Oh, Lord.

And I was thinking if I made a pilgrimage to Maine and Acadia National Park that it would also be nice to head farther "down east" to Lubec and Campobello Island. Seems like that's right in the neighborhood of the northeastern VLF target.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 12:04:24 PM »
Houston, NYC, and Chicago to wipe out our economy and kill millions of people, San Antonio because there's multiple military bases there, Oklahoma City (Tinker AFB), and how about some bizarre targets like Yellowstone and the Long Valley caldera in California (try to trigger a supervolcano eruption)

I think I'd hit the volcanoes first just to see if it worked   >:D
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 05:01:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure there are LOT more targets than that on the Russian's real list...  good grief.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »
I noticed folks trying to drum up war propaganda Russia as well. Russia is doing plenty of bad things, but I'm curious of people's motivations. Russia is the only country on the planet with more nukes than us. And a moderately decent military. We Americans like to play at war. We haven't faced a real war (ie direct harm to the US) since 1860's with the Civil War. Or 1812 against the British. That's a long history of people being unfamiliar with their homes being burned, their children dead in the mud, rampant starvation, etc. Russia has vast stockpiles of weapons fully equal to our own in terms of lethality, and the will to likely use them if faced with outside invasion.

Perhaps it is something akin to with the West fighting a war against Sunni fundamentalist extremism by invading, and threatening to invade, countries that aren't run by Sunni fundamentalist regimes.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 05:28:05 PM »
Wait, wait.  I'm worried what you heard was, "they will launch a lot of ICBMs."  What I said was, "they will launch all the land-based ICBMs they have." 

Well said, Ron Swanson.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
Does anyone know the actual blast footprint of the average Russkie ICBM?  Just curious as some cities are pretty big.  

Should I be insulted that there are no targets listed in Texas?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 07:57:36 PM »
I would actually be more curious how many ICBMs we still have in full readiness to fire on short notice.  ....but maybe I don't want to know.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 08:02:54 PM »
I live 4 miles from Barksdale AFB. If the balloon goes up, we're pretty much toast.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Probable nuclear targets in the USA by Russia.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »
Does anyone know the actual blast footprint of the average Russkie ICBM?  Just curious as some cities are pretty big.  

Imagine it would depend on the spread of the warheads and their targeting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 02:39:29 AM »

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

See for yourself.  The kinda "standard" MIRV load is ~750KT, but each of the big land based ICBM's would have 10 or so warheads.  They can also bolt one big ass (~20MT) warhead to an R36.

Those truck mounted missiles you saw in May Day parades had 1 "small" ~600kt warhead, but there were a crap ton of those trucks.

Russia also fielded a new SLBM in the early 2010's.  I'd expect them to be loaded with 10-12 MIRVs.  According to Wikipedia, The Russian Navy has 1 Typhoon, 6 Delta IV's, 3 Delta III's and 3 of the new Borei missile subs, although I have no idea how many are underway at any given time, or even ready to sail.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 12:16:51 PM »
If they hit Barksdale AFB, to survive, it has to be under a 300kt ground burst for us.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

See for yourself.  The kinda "standard" MIRV load is ~750KT, but each of the big land based ICBM's would have 10 or so warheads.  They can also bolt one big ass (~20MT) warhead to an R36.

Those truck mounted missiles you saw in May Day parades had 1 "small" ~600kt warhead, but there were a crap ton of those trucks.

Russia also fielded a new SLBM in the early 2010's.  I'd expect them to be loaded with 10-12 MIRVs.  According to Wikipedia, The Russian Navy has 1 Typhoon, 6 Delta IV's, 3 Delta III's and 3 of the new Borei missile subs, although I have no idea how many are underway at any given time, or even ready to sail.
Nice link.  I remember a description of a 1 megaton blast from years ago, but that is better.  A 1 megaton wouldn't destroy all of Houston, but it would gut downtown pretty good.  One could do a good job on the Houston ship channel area also.