Author Topic: OK, I got an electric shaver for Christmas...now what?  (Read 2528 times)

mfree

• friend
Re: OK, I got an electric shaver for Christmas...now what?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006, 08:46:46 PM »
Never could use one of those... of course, I shave every morning and get 10 AM shadow. I'd have to use one every 6 hours to keep from ripping my face to shreds.

If I'm ever without razor for a week, I'll have a beard when I'm freed up Smiley

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »
"If you have a problem with imbedded hairs finish off your shave with a Scotch Green pad."

Well, seeing as how the idea here is to use electronic gadgets, why don't I just use a Craftsman belt sander instead? Wink

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 01:41:02 PM »
Can't get it under the nose.  Might be a little rough on the upper lip.   grin
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 01:42:47 PM »
Well, seeing as how the idea here is to use electronic gadgets, why don't I just use a Craftsman belt sander instead? Wink

Yeah, but one of those tries to pull the flesh right off of your cheekbones. Here's a better idea: There's nothing like an orbital palm sander to finish off a comforting, quality shave. :

Quote from: Waitone
Can't get it under the nose.  Might be a little rough on the upper lip.    grin

Hence the reason for using an orbital palm sander.  grin
Andy

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 05:49:33 PM »
Well, I did an exceptionally good job of sanding the paint on cars with a pneumatic DA sander. Then followed up with hand-sanding: 400 grit, then 600, then 800, and finally 1200.

Give it a few months, and several coats of primer-filler, and my face should be as smooth as glass.

But, what should I use for the final coat: lacquer or enamel? Wink

grampster

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 06:02:09 PM »
Clearcoat.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 04:55:08 AM »
We jarheads just pound them back in and bite them off on the inside.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »
Another vote for "Give it a month of exclusive use".  I used to use a Norelco rotary shaver.  Once your skin has adapted you should be fine.  Great on camping trips as well, kinda fun being the only "well groomed" camper amongst a bunch with scraggly 3-day beards.  I've not replaced my last once simply because I'm too lazy to go shopping for another.

... and try not to shave portions of anatomy other than your face . . .
That is what the Mach III's are for.  grin
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »
If you're cheap and want to clean up quick, a disposable Schick Quattro in the shower works well.

Otherwise, I use a Braun with the self-cleaning tank/recharging stand.  Works great in edging around the new post-retirement Fu-Manchu that Mrs. G-98 hates.   grin
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Preacherman

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »
Works great in edging around the new post-retirement Fu-Manchu that Mrs. G-98 hates.

Sounds like you know how to get her goat(ee).

laugh
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/