Author Topic: Wives of ISIS  (Read 1750 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Wives of ISIS
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:57:37 PM »

https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/878975054859644928

Apparently biggest annoyance? ISIS fighters spent too much money on their sex slaves.

Now that ISIS is losing and their fighters are fleeing, the women are being left behind and also trying to sneak out. Military forces are capturing them and tossing them into the refugee camps. The locals are not pleased with them, and have attacked them. Especially foreign 'brides' that came to join ISIS. Generally the ISIS wives are unhappy with their own treatment and generally don't care about the atrocities committed by their husbands. If ISIS had not been losing, they apparently would not be leaving.

Good news? The Mattis message is being put across clearly. The purpose is to kill the enemy (ie foreign ISIS fighters).
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Wives of ISIS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 08:03:09 PM »
Are they truly sex slaves, or did they marry willingly?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 08:27:48 PM »

Or did they marry willingly, and become truly sex slaves?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 08:33:00 PM »

Yes. To us, there's not much of a difference. To them, there's some minor differences.

Yazidi slaves are the more 'normal' sex slaves. They're not seen as "true Muslims" so they received no legal protection. I forgot to mention in the interviews, the ISIS wives sometimes helped sabaya (Arabic term for 'normal' sex slaves) escape out of jealously. Rarely, if ever, out of horror at her husband raping some poor woman or girl. That said, more than a few of the women who came in from outside the country voluntarily were used as sex slaves. So were plenty of the local girls. It made the news when some exceptionally stupid Caucasian girls from the UK voluntarily traveled to Syria, were regularly raped and were murdered when they tried to escape.

But quite a few of the wives were treated as 'traditional Muslim women'. Used or raped by the men whenever they felt like it, but expected to cook, clean, keep their mouths shut at all times, often forbidden even to go to the hospital if sick, regularly beaten, etc. But theoretically if they got to an Islamic court, they had some rights. A slave would just be tossed back to her rapist and abuser. Plenty of the ISIS wives were unhappy that their husband was buying the slaves lots of cosmetics and nice clothing, and not allowing the wives to order the slave around as well. That's a traditional perk of traditional Islamic wives.

In short, THAT is what pissed off the wives so much. The ISIS fighters were treating their slaves as sex slaves rather than just slaves they put to work in addition to routinely raping.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 01:48:55 AM »
Those that are "native" and "forced" into the problem I do have some sympathy for, but I have absolutely none for Westerners that go over there and voluntarily join the cause.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!