Author Topic: Canadian Parents Get "Genderless" ID for Their Baby  (Read 5174 times)

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: Canadian Parents Get "Genderless" ID for Their Baby
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »
I'm basically about as friendly as you can get to the LGBTQ circle but even I have no idea what "non-binary genderqueer trans person" means without really thinking about it and even then I'm kind of guessing.

Even if the parent is trans it's silly for them to insist on a gender neutral ID.  They should be fully aware that we're basically 99.99% likely to identify our gender with our natural sex.  If they're a statistically fluke make that an issue when it becomes apparent to them if it ever does.  It probably won't.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 01:07:58 AM »
I actually meant the adult.

Yes ... the one wearing the hearing protection..
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »
At that age, it could go either way. That's why they make those cute little headbands for girls. Emily had some real adorable ones.

Exactly. I know some parents get offended when you call their little girl a boy (or vice versa), but babies have no features that differentiate the sexes (outside of their diapers, that is.)

It's puberty that makes the obvious outward physical changes. Until then, it's clothes and hairstyle for outward differentiation.

HOWEVER, (back to the original post), trying to claim that they are, therefore, sexless, is not only foolish, it is harmful to the child.

But hey, what are kids but the means by which parents can play out all their own issues on them?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 09:51:14 AM »
These people (notice how skillfully I avoided the use of "they") want a word that doesn't carry a gender association, yet for a single person these same people studiously avoid using the simple, accepted, gender neutral pronoun indicative of a single entity: "it."

The time has come to mount the resistance. We need to shame the it-phobes of the world. Demand equal rights for the its!

I can think of a whole slew of gender neutral titles for them.

dipshit
dumbass
moron
idiot
*expletive deleted*tard
twatwaffle
ahole
*expletive deleted*it-for-brains

I coud go on all day...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »

dipshit
dumbass
moron
idiot
*expletive deleted*tard
twatwaffle
*expletive deleted*hole

I coud go on all day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLA28umt9iw&t=1m55s

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »

dipshit
dumbass
moron
idiot
*expletive deleted*tard
twatwaffle
*expletive deleted*hole

I coud go on all day...

I think "that" is probably a good pronoun.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »
I was thinking about this, and remembered something from earlier renaissance times.

Basically, back in the day, all babies were kept in dresses for the first period of their life.  Easier cleanup and such.

Putting the boys in britches was an important time for them.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2017, 02:51:57 PM »
I was thinking about this, and remembered something from earlier renaissance times.

Basically, back in the day, all babies were kept in dresses for the first period of their life.  Easier cleanup and such.

Even further "back in the day" everyone wore "dresses." Britches themselves were an important time.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »

Romans conquered the world while not wearing pants. Still doesn't mean that the person in the photo wouldn't have been considered a very strange person back in that time period as well.

Again, I support a person's decision to be weird. A person has a right to be weird without government interference. People do not and should not have a right to make the government enforce their particular brand of weird on others. Doesn't matter if you have one weird person or a million weird people. Logic should stand.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »
Romans conquered the world while not wearing pants. Still doesn't mean that the person in the photo wouldn't have been considered a very strange person back in that time period as well.

Again, I support a person's decision to be weird. A person has a right to be weird without government interference. People do not and should not have a right to make the government enforce their particular brand of weird on others. Doesn't matter if you have one weird person or a million weird people. Logic should stand.

Nor should government subsidize their particular flavor of mental illness and force the taxpayer to fund it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams