Author Topic: 3 cheers for Boise State  (Read 779 times)

Dannyboy

• friend
3 cheers for Boise State
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:41:33 AM »
Did anybody watch that game(Fiesta Bowl) last night?  Or more importantly, the last minute or so and the resulting overtime.  BSU quarterback throws an interception for a touch down.  Just about 20 seconds left and it was 4th and 18.  Hook and Ladder(al) play goes 50 yards for the game tying touch down.  Insane.  Goes to OT.  Sooners score on their first play.  BSU gets down to the 5 yard line with 4th and 2.  Half-back pass to the tight-end for another touchdown.  Now the best part.  They go for the win instead of continuing OT.  They line up for the 2-point conversion with 3 receivers on the right and the running back in the backfield.  Fakes the pass to the right and hands the ball off to the RB standing behind him with his left hand.  OU players are completely fooled and the back runs into the end zone to win the game.  Shortly afterwards, when being interviewed, the running back porposed to his captain of the cheerleading team girlfriend. 

The fact that BSU beat OU is gratifying on so many levels and to do it when they really should have lost makes it even more so.  It was a great game all around but the end was incredible.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Chris

Re: 3 cheers for Boise State
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:39:10 AM »
One of the things that I enjoy about college basketball more than college football is that, on any given day, a small school can walk into an arena against a goliath program and win.  Last night was a joy for me, as Boise State was really not supposed to be good enough to play in the game, yet they managed to win the thing.  Outstanding!  What a display of guts in going for it, and persistance in never giving up.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:33:20 AM »
It was an amazing game.  With a few minutes left the announcers were talking like BSU had it in the bag, then after the two quick OU touchdowns it was all over for BSU, and with a minute left they win the damn game.  I was yelling at the TV and I'm not a fan of either team.
For entertainment purposes only.

client32

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
I was hoping for a 40-0 blowout by half time.  I am not a fan of either team, but I wish they would have a playoff system, and I don't think that will happen until people stop watching.  Blowout games would cause people to stop watching.

It was a great game though.  The last drive and overtime was incredible entertainment.  BSU pulled out all of the play book.  OU did pleanty to lose that game though.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 11:31:49 AM »
Sounds like it was a really exciting game and I didn't watch it.  sad
Andy

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:57:18 PM »
Being an OU fan I hated to hear the outcome.  Missed watching it due to sleeping at the time the game was on, 4 am my time.  But I do tip my hat to Boise State and say congrats.  They are for real and for anyone to go undefeated this day in age in any sport says alot about the players and coaches.  Even if they don't get a National Championship out of going undefeated they should have earned a chance to win it on the field.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 08:57:43 AM »
I've been enjoying the small-conference football for several years; I prefer it to the quasi-professional play of so many of the major colleges.  Boise State has been a lot of fun to watch.

And, as a lifelong Longhorn, it's always fun to see the Sooners "get took". Smiley  (Sorry, wmenorr67)

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.