Author Topic: Al Gore - An Inconvenient Sequel  (Read 874 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Al Gore - An Inconvenient Sequel
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
Da Bomb!

http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/08/07/under-performance-gores-sequel-comes-in-dismal-15th-at-box-office-gore-fans-allege-film-was-sabotaged-by-paramount/

The mindless acolytes are claiming that Gore's new movie didn't rake in the dough because of "sabotage." They just don't get it that most Americans are tired of hearing the same old lies, day after day, week after week.

"This was not supposed to happen." Of course not. Al himself exhorted his acolytes to "flood" the theaters. He claimed it was to "send a message" to Trump and to the rest of us "deniers." What he really wanted, of course, was to make money. G-d forbid the film might have to stand or fall on its merits; no -- the Algore himself had to rally the troops (unsuccessfully, it would seem).

A prominent Ivy League Geologist who voted for Gore, was “appalled” after viewing his first 2006 film. “I voted for Gore in 2000, yeah. I think that if he ran again, depending on who he ran against, I might vote for him. He’s a smart man,” said Geologist Dr. Robert Giegengack, who chaired the Department of Earth and Environmental Science at the University of Pennsylvania in the skeptical film “Climate Hustle.”

But after viewing Gore’s film, Giegengack had this reaction. “I was appalled. I was appalled because he either deliberately misrepresented the point he was making or didn’t understand it. So it was irresponsible of Al Gore.”

“CO2 is not the villain that it has been portrayed. I’m impressed by the fact that the present climate, from the perspective of a geologist, is very close to the coldest it’s ever been. The concentration CO2 in the atmosphere today is the close to the lowest it has ever been,” Giegengack explained in “Climate Hustle”.

A key claim in Gore’s sequel about his role in securing the UN Paris climate pact has also been called into question. See:

Sequel depicts Gore clinching 2015 UN Paris deal – But top Indian diplomat says Gore’s claim is nonsense
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Al Gore - An Inconvenient Sequel
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »
I heard a review that said the movie was more about the adventures of Algore than about climate change.

Also, I heard recently that D'Souza's "Obama's America" is the second-highest-grossing political documentary (behind Farenheit 9-11). I looked that up here: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=documentary.htm

...and it checks out. Another website had a Malcom X biography in a higher slot than either Gore's or D'Souza's films. If that counts as a political documentary.

Anyway, I'm sure Gore loves those numbers.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »
I guess that means most of the global warming believers didn't even go see it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 05:44:34 PM »
Well, time to post this again.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 06:03:59 PM »
I guess that means most of the global warming believers didn't even go see it.

Nah, that was pretty much all of 'em, most of them at least twice.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams