Author Topic: I am SOOOO happy ...  (Read 1222 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
I am SOOOO happy ...
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:38:17 PM »
... that I don't have children in the public education system.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/08/22/rocklin-parents-grill-school-board-over-transgender-discussions-in-kindergarten/

Kindergarteners now being indoctrinated about transgenderism ... without the knowledge or consent of their parents.

Many teachers also spoke out in support of what transpired inside the classroom. They spoke about the importance of teaching students about diversity and having healthy dialogues.

With KINDERGARTNERS? That's not "dialogue," that's "indoctrination."

"When we head in the direction of banned books or book lists, or selective literature– that should only be read inside or outside the classroom, I think that's a very dangerous direction to go," said 7th grade teacher Kelly Bryson.

There's a huge difference between banning books, versus choosing not to expose kindergartners to books that are controversial and not necessary to further whatever educational benefits are supposedly derived from kindergarten. Exposure to controversial topics should be left to parental discretion. Most kindergartners can't read yet, so banning isn't really even a valid consideration. It's not like some kindergartner is going to come into class and start sharing The Catcher in the Rye or something "racy" like that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
Re: I am SOOOO happy ...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
And this is why public education is bad. Oncd education is public, then everything about it becomes a political issue. Even lunch.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 08:39:45 PM »
What kind of nutcase parents allow a kindergartner-age kid to "gender transition" anyway? At that age I didn't even know what made girls differernt from boys, except that girls (mostly) wore dresses and boys didn't. But my kindergarten and grammar school class had a few tomboy-type girls who were just as likely to wear jeans as they were to wear skirts -- but they didn't proclaim themselves to be "males," they were just girls who liked to play softball and football.

There's something radically wrong with parents allowing (and even encouraging) a kid of that age to believe he/she/it is anything other than what he or she was born as. And there's something equally wrong with a school ssystem that allows and supports such idiocy at such a young age. There's plenty of time to allow the kid to engage in gender confusion when he/she/it reaches puberty. They don't need to have it forced on them in kindergarten.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »
Whatever happened to the days of eating glue, learning to not run with scissors and naptime?  ???
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:39:33 PM »
Don't forget dipping the overly long curls of the girl sitting in front of you in the inkwell.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:18:01 PM »
Don't forget dipping the overly long curls of the girl sitting in front of you in the inkwell.

That wasn't kindergarten. That was more like about third grade.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »
Mom didn't bother sending me to kindergarten since I could already read at that age.
I've since learned that kindergarten is where children are taught to share, which explains a lot.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 03:02:49 PM »
That wasn't kindergarten. That was more like about third grade.

Either way, she's going to kick some ass in the playground.  :P
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds