Author Topic: SOMALIA!!!  (Read 3327 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: SOMALIA!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 03:16:47 AM »
Are the terrorists not really terrorists?  Do you object to the term?  How do our overseas military operations keep us from "returning to normal" or "cleaning house"?

Nevermind, I'm really quite tired of going in circles with you. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Chris

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 04:28:52 AM »
Chasing terrorists internationally versus domestically is an entirely different game.  Internationally, the terrorists have no Constitutional rights, nor does the military/CIA/SAS/tec. have any real restrictions as to how they can hunt these terrorists.  On the home front, there are civil rights issues, constitutional issues, warrants, etc.  Not saying that one is right, teh other wrong.   Just the way it is,

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 05:18:07 AM »
fistful et al,

This has an overlap with another thread. We are spread all over the globe, chasing "terrorists", while there seems to be the opinion that we can not possibly clean house and return to normal at home.

Of course this is the perpetual war for perpetual peace. Not news to me, and just an observation.

So, what you're really saying is that because we're chasing them all over the rest of the globe, they've scuttled into the United States as sort of a hiding in the lion's den zone?

Uhm....

OK.

Then I suggest that you, as a member of the militia of the United States, take up arms and do something.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 05:51:59 AM »
Funny how they keep attacking things overseas but not in the US.

Seriously, I'm sure that we do have some bad guys lurking here at home. They are anything but "out in the open" though.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 06:08:20 AM »
Aaaannnnndddd we're back on the merry-go-round....
Andy

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 06:19:30 AM »
News reports are that the airstrikes killed one of the masterminds of the 1996 embassy bombings.  This was the same guy Bill Clinton swore to bring to justice.  I like Bush's approach better.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 07:15:34 AM »
but at least with LAK here, we'll never run out of inane platitudes.   rolleyes

I challenge you to explain how we are "less safe", when radical islamists are becoming fewer and fewer, complements of the US Military (no matter where they meet their end geographicly)

The Tuna Bomber

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 12:11:53 PM »
I am curious how much support the US is sending toward Ethiopia right now. 

US has been providing military training for armed forces of Ethiopia and other east African nations since 2002. Also, US has been providing humanitarian/development aid to Ethiopia.
Resistance ain't no good. Ya'll gonna be assimilated. -Bubba the Good Ole Borg

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »
You hope it repeats how? 

Are you blaming the American military for the fact that al-Qaeda hides in the civilian population? 

Sorry I never got back to you on that PM about relative morality.  Do you still want to talk about it? 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »
If they shelter the people we are hunting, they are our enemies.

Besides, one also has to remember that anything which AQ's PR arm puts out is believed 100% by approximately 65% of American voters, but anything which our military's PR arm relays is automatically suspect.

Blog under construction

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 02:36:07 PM »
I know people who think we killed nothing but civilians in Afghanistan.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »
Mike Irwin
So, what you're really saying is that because we're chasing them all over the rest of the globe, they've scuttled into the United States as sort of a hiding in the lion's den zone?

Not because of. This is not an issue of "because of" - which is an odd extrapolation.

It is just an observation.

The International Muslim Brotherhood sits right there HQ'd in London - our so-called allies - and their counterparts sit over here. Along with about twenty millon unknowns, a significant portion of which at the very least are or could be dangerously criminal and a far more imminent threat to the average family. The fact that there might be a sizeable number of real terrorist operatives among them is there too.

Fistful,

The question remains - why can they not houseclean at home? They have no problem spot cleaning on the other side of the globe. But they have a real hang up about actually moving and getting these people along with all the others who should not be here out of our country.

If you had a local ganag that bust into your home, would you be going into the next neighboring town looking for one or two out there and allow those still somewhere in your house to remain? Of course not.

Our gov seems fixated on the rest of the world, and not esepcially interested in returning things to normal right here at home.

That is going around in circles.

---------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 07:37:59 AM »
You hope it repeats how?

That the invading US forces are driven out of Somalia. 

Are you blaming the American military for the fact that al-Qaeda hides in the civilian population?

No. I am blaming them for killing scores/hundreds of innocents in a reckless attempt to kill a handful of suspects.  Aren't suspects supposed to have trials?

Sorry I never got back to you on that PM about relative morality.  Do you still want to talk about it? 

No, thanks.