Author Topic: Citgo Boycott Update  (Read 3751 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Citgo Boycott Update
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
Sindawe, what kinda car do you drive? The "premium" fuels are generally only required by the highest compression engines. When you put 'em in a "normal" engine, it'll actually run worse...

Oh, and E-85 is starting to appear around me - cheaper, but lower mileage.

Bogie want a small truck with an diesel.

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Citgo Boycott Update
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 04:59:12 AM »
Suppose you ran a small business out of your home with a couple employees. How would you feel if some government fiat required you to allow any employee to keep anything they wanted to in their car in your driveway?

No problem. I don't feel I should have the right to tell my guests what they can & can not have in their own vehicles.

Should you have the right to tell them they can't smoke to & from your home or what radio stations are verbotten? A private vehicle is just that.

But you do have the right to choose your guests.  You have the right to choose your friends or your romantic partners or your business associates or your employees or employers.  If these people do things that displease you, you have a right to end your association or to keep them off your land.  While they have a right to do as they please, they don't have a right to be your friend, employee, lawyer, plumber, etc. 

If I find out that you smoke cigarettes and listen to 97.9 FM, The Station For Dorks, I have every right to tell you to quit doing that if you want to be my friend.  You have the right to tell me, "Good riddance."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife