Author Topic: Cinema  (Read 1052 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Cinema
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:58:01 PM »
I just watched a couple of trailers for Thor Ragnarok on Youtube. It sort of looks like it might be fun. I haven't seen any of the other Avengers flicks. Is anyone planning to see the new Thor?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Cinema
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 11:23:54 PM »
We'll likely go see it.
No idea how the new one will play as a "stand alone" but the Avengers franchise is pretty good popcorn time.
If you can find them free or cheap enough they are worth watching and will give some good backstory to the Thor/Hulk interplay.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »
Puny god.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 07:44:11 AM »
What RKL said.  The Avengers franchise is one of the few collections of movies my family can agree on, so we'll be there to see it in the theatre.

LOL@Jim147, one of my favorite scenes in The Avengers

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »
I just haven't really been able to get into all of the superhero movies, with the exception of Dead Pool. That one I absolutely loved.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 12:26:50 PM »
I just haven't really been able to get into all of the superhero movies, with the exception of Dead Pool. That one I absolutely loved.

I didn't know  Dirty Harry was a superhero.    Regular hero maybe......superhero, not. [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 08:31:28 AM »
I didn't know  Dirty Harry was a superhero.    Regular hero maybe......superhero, not. [tinfoil] [popcorn]

Of all the Dirty Harry movies... that was one of them.

Actually, that one was absolutely terrible.

Sudden Impact was darned good, but Dead Pool? Stank on ice.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »
My only issue is the last few Avengers series of movies seem to be intended to just push along the storyline instead of being stand alone movies.  I still enjoyed them.  I guess that is a minor complaint.

IMO, a lot of TV series die after start going for the epic storyline that goes on from season to season.  It often doesn't work and screws up the individual shows.

Yes, Deadpool was an awesome movie.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »

And now for something completely different:

https://ricochet.com/466154/security-a-movie-review/

Sounds interesting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 03:15:19 PM »

IMO, a lot of TV series die after start going for the epic storyline that goes on from season to season.  It often doesn't work and screws up the individual shows.

Thank you, thank you, Hell's yeah THANK YOU!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »
We just got back from watching Thor: Ragnarok.

It was great!  No, it's not high art, but it's a great popcorn flick and a good movie to see in the theater.  It was funny as hell, visually engaging, and entertaining.  I'll watch it again once it hits Redbox or Netflix.

If you're not familiar with the current Marvel universe, you might get lost now and then.  Watching the first Avengers movie and *maybe* Dr Strange (his part is short in this movie, but you might not get his power and significance if you've not watched the movie) will give you enough background to understand some of the comments, references, or just sly looks. :)

Chris