Author Topic: Heathrow airport investigates USB stick security breach  (Read 651 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Heathrow airport investigates USB stick security breach
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:29:46 AM »
http://www.itpro.co.uk/security/29839/heathrow-airport-investigates-usb-stick-security-breach

Quote from: From the above link
Classified information regarding security protocols at Heathrow airport was discovered on a USB stick discarded on a London street over the weekend.

The memory stick contained an unencrypted 2.5GB of data with 76 folders with maps, videos and documents, and didn't require a password to access the information, according to The Mirror, which was given the USB stick.

There were at least 174 documents with some marked as "confidential" or "restricted" but which could still be read.

It even contained information about the route the Queen takes when using the airport and security measures used to protect her, files disclosing every type of ID needed to access restricted areas, and a timetable of patrols used to guard the site against terror attacks.

Furthermore, the stick, found on the pavement of Ilbert Street in Queen's Park, contained maps showing the location of CCTV cameras, routes and safeguards for cabinet ministers and foreign dignitaries and details of the ultrasound radar system used to scan runways and the perimeter fence.

Somebody is in some deep doo doo.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Heathrow airport investigates USB stick security breach
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:17:03 PM »
I'm surprised someone with that information would just lose it on a street. :facepalm:
" ultrasound radar system used to scan runways and the perimeter fence."  ???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »
" ultrasound radar system used to scan runways and the perimeter fence."  Huh?

Sonar?  For air instead of water.  As bats do it.  Maybe should be called batdar.  >:D

Easily automated.  Echo unusual?  Go investigate.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:02:15 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 02:50:08 AM »
I'm surprised someone with that information would just lose it on a street. :facepalm:
" ultrasound radar system used to scan runways and the perimeter fence."  ???

Maybe it wasn't an accident.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!