Author Topic: More on LED bulbs...  (Read 679 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
More on LED bulbs...
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:52:39 AM »
Just ordered a 4 pack of these LUNO dimmable 100 watt equiv LEDs from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Z7HYSB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have to say, I'm liking them. Good quality soft white light and nice and bright.

I have one in my office in a pillar lamp, and it's a step up from the Tywin "100 watt equiv." I had in there.

I put that in quotes because they were advertised as 100 watt equiv LEDs, but it turns out that they were, at best, 75 watt equiv. I'll find other uses for them, I guess.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: More on LED bulbs...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »
There are free/cheap light meter apps for cell phones. LUX Light Meter is the one I have.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »
The only LED based lamps I've found that are equal to older technology (PCF and such) are those aimed at specialized applications.*  General consumer grade LED bulbs are a bit below incandescent bulbs in output to my eyes, but I like them better than the older CF units.  The three-way unit I have in my entry lamp are warm in color but run cool.  The CREE bulbs I have over my dinning area are dimmer compatible and blend well with the entry lamp and the old school Funeral Home halogen tourcheres I bought 25 years ago. The color temperature ranges available in LED bulbs have allowed me to quasi-mimic natural lighting for my bathroom fixtures.

I'm still looking for LED bulbs I can put into the kitchen 4x florescent fixture I have. If I can find such the conversion to LED in my home will be complete.

* I run a Finnex 24x7 (https://www.finnex.net/index.php/plantedautomated/?___store=default) over my 29 gallon planed tank.  Gradual transition affords the fish time to retire for the night without the sudden shock of darkness in the evening or the BLAST of full noonday sun in the morning.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.