Author Topic: Motorcycle leathers  (Read 1316 times)

zahc

• friend
Motorcycle leathers
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:45:08 PM »
Does anyone know of any cheap sources for leather? I'm looking at leather for basically street lugeing.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Re: Motorcycle leathers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »
Have you gone to any shops yet? 

Both of our local bike gear shops run specials on a full set of leather (boots, chaps, jacket and gauntlets) for $300 every spring.  It's bottom rung gear (not a lot of features) but it would do the job for protection.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

BozemanMT

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 05:52:25 AM »
cheap leather is exactly that, it's cheap
It comes apart and doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Try Syed leather, custom built, high quality leathers for a decent price.  They could even fit a fat guy like me.  www.syedleathers.com  Takes about a month, was 1/2 the price of high end stuff but VERY WELL built.

I crashed (motorcycle) once at the track in cheap leathers.  The medical bills were way more than good leathers would have cost.  Dont' cheap out on this, road rash hurts.
Brian
CO

From land of the free and home of the brave to land of the fee and home of the slave

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »
syed.com takes me to an internet consulting company.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

BozemanMT

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:04:24 AM »
I'm a maroon

try www.syedleathers.com
Brian
CO

From land of the free and home of the brave to land of the fee and home of the slave

Otherguy Overby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 12:35:04 PM »

I know way too many people who've crashed in cheap "off the rack" leathers.  They come apart at the seams or have thickness issues right where you need them the most.

If you really need cheap leathers for street luge (sp?) go to a track somewhere and buy a set of pre-crashed quality leathers and a roll of duct tape.

Cheap leathers are great, if you don't crash.
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 12:47:28 PM »
Fieldsheer leathers are fairly inexpensive.

That said what size are you?  I have a one piece set that have never been down.
My thighs are too fat to fit in them these days.   They were hardly worn.

I'll check and see what size they are.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76