Author Topic: Stoopit me.  (Read 1381 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Stoopit me.
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:24:45 PM »
Stoopit me.

Being another vignette of foiblery and foolity by his truly, me.

Got done talking on the house cordless phone.  Parked it somewhere when done with the call.

Half hour later, wanted to make another call.  Where'd I leave the phone?  Looked around the usual hiding places, not obvious, pressed the Page button on the base unit.  Return paging beep sounds very close, but could not quite locate it.

On my left somewhere.  Look there.  Nope, no, it sounds like it's coming from over there.  Look over there, nope.  Wait, no it's over there, on the table, to my left.  Repeat three or four times before I finally found it.

Dang.

It was in my robe's left pocket.  So every time I turned to look where the sound was coming from, it would be somewhere else.

Stoopit me. :facepalm:

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Stoopit me.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »
Thanks for the chuckle!

Mrs. Mercer: "Did you look in your pockets?"
Mr. Mercer: "Yes"
Mrs. Mercer: "Are you sure?"
Mr. Mercer: "YES!"
Mrs. Mercer: "Look again."
Mr. Mercer: "I'VE ALREAD... damn"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »
Y'all will love this one from Yesterday:

We are having HELL getting the title for our 2007 Saturn Ion from Virginia and have been working on this for over a month now. Can't call because their phone system is screwed up and when we get to ANY department, and go on hold there, we get static and an ungodly LOUD screeching from the phone. I email them and that has like a week turnaround time but I get typical DMV inadequate/incorrect info. The DMV tells us that there is a lien on the title even though it has been paid off since 2011. Call BoA and get a notarized letter stating that and now need VA DMV to send me my title. Try again to get in touch and get the same phone issues and not thrilled with playing long delay email tag.
 :mad:

Last night SWMBO says "call the VA Government!" I'm like, "yeah, THAT will work..."  :rofl:
She persists so I find the number to the Office of the Governor of VA and say "knock yerself out."
She gets on the phone with a lady who promises that we will hear from someone at the DMV within 2 hours.
I think (Yeah, riiiiiight).
3 hours later, SWMBO calls the Governors office back after having heard nothing.
I smirk to myself.
Within seconds she is transferred the head DMV cheese!  ???
(spit take)
I am handed the phone, talk to the Very nice lady, am told what she needs (I have it), and she says she will email me and to email that doc back and all will be handled. She apologizes profusely for the phone issues and promises to look into it. Color me surprised!
Early this morning I get a call from said woman letting me know my title is already in the morning mail. Really? No stuff? (blink blink) :O
Ok, how much do I owe and how do I pay? (internal cringe...)
Oh, it will be $10, there's and invoice in the envelope. Just mail us a check back!
(pick up jaw off of floor) Thank nice lady a LOT.
Turn to wife and ask for a large helping of crow and apologize for not believing in her ideas. Now have to tell EVERYONE this story. ;/

Apparently the Governor's Office lady did chew on someone's tail and make things happen!
I still can't believe "Call the government" was actually the right thing to do...
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 05:33:57 PM »
I was so disappointed once; my date lost her glasses, but she was sure she'd left the dance with them.  She dug through her purse, then handed it to me to search again.  I made the comment that if they weren't in the purse I'd have to strip search her next.  Then I found them in the concealment pocket of the purse.

I was really hoping to strip search her to figure out where her .380 was in those tight jeans. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »
Thanks Speedy, the VA DMV promises to well serve one customer a year and you burned that one up and you don't even live here!

I looked for my wallet for ten minutes once, verge of being late for work. Looked down, it was cleverly concealed in my right hand. Same scene, needed my hat, militaries love hats. All over the house, finally I founded it. On my head of course. Sleep deprivation is fun!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 09:21:26 PM »
I USED to live there, for 5½ years or so. That's why I'm having to deal with them again.
MOLON LABE!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
DMV is like an STD you are required to catch and can't cure. Now you get to deal with two state's DMV! :rofl:
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 10:25:49 PM »
I've been to ours here in Lousyanna 3 times now and they have YET to give me the proper list of things I need to get or do to get this done AND they want $80 once I have the old title even though the car has been REGISTERED AND OPERATING HERE SINCE 2009!
MOLON LABE!

griz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »
I was so disappointed once; my date lost her glasses, but she was sure she'd left the dance with them.  She dug through her purse, then handed it to me to search again.

Usually when my wife gets to that point it means she pushed them up on top of her head.  Turns out there is NO expression that can be displayed on my face that will not get me accused of laughing at her when I see/find them.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »
Usually when my wife gets to that point it means she pushed them up on top of her head.  Turns out there is NO expression that can be displayed on my face that will not get me accused of laughing at her when I see/find them.

Oh, she was bad about that one too, but she'd get so focused on searching for them she wouldn't even notice when I slipped them off her head and put them in the first place she'd looked.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »
Why is it that when you lose something, it's always in the last place you look?

(the answer really IS obvious. But you'd be surprised how many people don't get it.)     >:D   
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »
I don't get it.  The last place I look is usually the refrigerator.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:57:56 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 04:13:23 AM »
Oh, she was bad about that one too, but she'd get so focused on searching for them she wouldn't even notice when I slipped them off her head and put them in the first place she'd looked.
Great idea, I'll have to try that.  Thanks, a harmonious household is a good thing.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.