Author Topic: Failed Robbery  (Read 1404 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
Re: Failed Robbery
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »
His name is Derringer?  :laugh:

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »
His name is Derringer?  :laugh:

Maybe it's a nickname. Maybe that's why he was waving that bargain basement excuse for a compensation appliance around.   :laugh:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
Maybe he read somewhere that the stocks on a rifle are called "furniture" and didn't quite understand the distinction.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »
F-  in woodcraft ing for this loser! :police: :police:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 07:35:27 PM »
He could have turned in that "gun" and received a $100 gift card!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 07:59:42 PM »
I'm going to say, I give him points for effort and creativity.   :P

In low light conditions I'd totally treat that as a real firearm.  I might even in the day because, well, I've seen improvised firearms that looked less like a firearm than that

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 06:45:45 AM »
" I might even in the day because, well, I've seen improvised firearms that looked less like a firearm than that"

Bingo.

This is an actual functional shotgun that doesn't look a lot different from the one this assclown used.

http://mindtomachine.blogspot.com/2014/08/12-gauge-pipe-shotgun.html

If someone were waving that thing around me and claiming it to be a gun, they'd run the serious chance of me lighting them up.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 01:49:50 AM »
I might even in the day because, well, I've seen improvised firearms that looked less like a firearm than that

Just at a glance, I'd feel pretty strongly that it's not real.  I'd feel even more strongly that on the small chance it is real, there's no way it's go more than a single shot.

Thus I'd grab the smallest non-family-member nearby and toss them out as a decoy, then go curb stomp him.  Hopefully Jamis won't be hanging around that day and I'll have to use a larger, target, like a 12 year old.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 06:47:30 AM »
Thus I'd grab the smallest non-family-member nearby and toss them out as a decoy, then go curb stomp him run away like a little girl with my dress on fire.

Fixed if for you...  >:D
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »
Thus I'd grab the smallest non-family-member nearby and toss them out as a decoy, then go curb stomp him run away like a little girl with my dress on fire.

Oddly, I've had to fight a 90lb girl with her dress on fire.  She was drunk enough to not think the fire was a big enough issue to justify tossing her into the pond.  I'd put money on a little girl in a flaming dress against a homemade gun.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 08:03:52 AM »
No matter what, I'd put my money on you running away...

:rofl:

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 01:08:02 PM »
No matter what, I'd put my money on you running away...

Even before I tore up my hip, the bad knee meant running away was a crappy option.  Even if I want to, I'm not going to get away from anybody without some comparable injuries.

Which is why I tend to practice kicks aimed at the sides of the knees; I know lots of things hurt, but I know a dislocated knee hurts a lot and makes running pretty much impossible.  If I want out of a fight, my best bet is to trash the guy's knee before I try to run.  Kicking low is easier than kicking high, and harder to defend against.  Even ground fighting I'd rather finish up with an attack on a knee or ankle.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »
Ok, so curling up in a fetal ball and blubbering inconsolably. Whatever works, dude!

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »
Ok, so curling up in a fetal ball and blubbering inconsolably. Whatever works, dude!

That's called "distracting the enemy."