Author Topic: Firefox questions  (Read 435 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Firefox questions
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:04:36 PM »
Giving the current version of Firefox a try. I've been using whatever it is that comes with Win10 for a while, mostly becasue I'm too damn lazy to mess with this crap most of the time.
Trying to figure out a set up issue.
Currently when I go to a website with a log in I'm needing to log in every time. using the win browser it would automagically log me in.
I've set the "keep me logged in" where ever available but I'm still having to actively log in everywhere.
I'm set to accept cookies.
What hidden check box in settings do I need to look for?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Firefox questions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 09:35:34 PM »
OK, I figured it out. I found a check box in the history settings a menu level deeper.

But, I have another question.
This has been going on since I changed my ISP from at&t to my fiber service.
When I navigate to most websites they load right up PDQ. When I come to APS there is a noticeable lag from the time I click to the time the page loads. APS seems to be the only page that I have that issue with.
Any ideas?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:22:21 PM »
Giving the current version of Firefox a try. I've been using whatever it is that comes with Win10 for a while, mostly becasue I'm too damn lazy to mess with this crap most of the time.
Trying to figure out a set up issue.
Currently when I go to a website with a log in I'm needing to log in every time. using the win browser it would automagically log me in.
I've set the "keep me logged in" where ever available but I'm still having to actively log in everywhere.
I'm set to accept cookies.
What hidden check box in settings do I need to look for?

Do you see a popup on such pages, saying "Save the password for this page, yea/nay?"  (not those words.)  Never mind, you got it.

APS comes up no differently than other pages, for me.  FF 57.04 (linux)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 10:43:21 PM »
I'm on 58.0.
Don't think it's a FF issue does the same with any browser including my phone. Just takes longer for APS to "connect", then it loads in a blink. I suspect something with my ISP. More a curiosity than a problem

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »
^^^I would guess this gives the NSA agent time to wake up and begin the real-time monitoring.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.