Author Topic: gopro tube mount  (Read 729 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
gopro tube mount
« on: January 28, 2018, 09:22:31 AM »
Looking for a mount for my knockoff gopro I can put on the stem on my cyclocross bike.  Diameter is 1 1/4".
Found a few on amazon but the reviews have been suspect.

Riding today, thinking I might try and ziptie one of the mounts I have today and see how that works as a temp solution.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: gopro tube mount
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
Zipties and/or duct tape are not a temporary solution.  Semi-permanent, rather.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:26:33 PM »
I can't believe no one has mentioned JB Weld yet...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:57:43 PM »
Detcord.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 11:45:52 PM »
Detcord.

Probably wouldn't work on its own. You need a nice sticky chunk of C4 in there to glue it down and keep it from moving about.  >:D
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 12:25:55 AM »
Looking for a mount for my knockoff gopro I can put on the stem on my cyclocross bike.  Diameter is 1 1/4".
Found a few on amazon but the reviews have been suspect.

It didn't come with one?  Mine did.  I don't think that's what it was intended for, but it works fine on a typical Trek adjustable stem that I'm way too lazy to go measure right now.  Anything thicker or wider might not work, though.  I'll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow.

Avoid the bar mount most of them come with.  For that matter, avoid any mount that sticks up much.  Vibration makes it useless when it's got too much play.  Stem or fork crown seems to be the way to go as long as you don't already have something there.  For the more cubic or cylindrical cameras I've seen some cool footage with fork blade mounts, often with a matching rear-facing chainstay mounted camera, but those all suffer from having a wheel taking up half the view.

Just make sure your sparkly tasseled bar end plugs don't flap in front of the lens.