Author Topic: Real Life Bumper Car Madness in Portland (Video)  (Read 2303 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Real Life Bumper Car Madness in Portland (Video)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:05:39 PM »

Hill + Ice + Stupid = This Video

BRad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 05:01:48 PM »
Many moons ago (exact time not recorded to protect the aged RocketMan's ego) we lived on the corner of an intersection in Portland, 33rd and Fremont.  This intersection was fed by two short downhill stretches of road, and was controlled by a stoplight.
One snowy afternoon my siblings and myself were grandly entertained watching cars slide down the hill into the backs of vehicles waiting at the bottom for the light to change green.
Even with no cross traffic, the stopped car would not pull through the intersection against the light to avoid being hit.  You could see the driver of the car about to be hit cringe as he saw the sliding car behind him in his rearview mirror.  The faces those drivers made in that fifteen to twenty seconds the cars took to slide down that hill was funny stuff to little kids.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:07:13 PM »
Is it wrong that I almost peed mysyle laughing at this video?
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »
I live on the Texas Gulf Coast.  I think I have driven across ice on the road twice in my lifetime. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »
Okay, now that video is funny.

Ah, the amusing events that occur when one tries to drive on hard water.  cheesy
Andy

Preacherman

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
What gets me is the dumbasses who watch all this occurring right in front of their eyes - THEN GET INTO THEIR CARS AND TRY TO DRIVE!!!  shocked

Wouldn't common sense (which I know is not so common) suggest that if the last ten or twenty cars to drive down your street have come to grief, you're going to have the same problem? Huh?
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »
Idiots.

Who probably think that people in the midwest are a buncha backwoods hicks.

At least we know how to drive, or not drive...

Guys, if you do not know how to drive on ice, here's the first rule:

If you can't control the vehicle, get out and find a warm spot, and wait for the nice guy with the big truck. Or spring.

Blog under construction

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 02:44:42 AM »
I love the first idiot that thinks he's going to power out of the slide.....
 grin
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 03:45:53 AM »
I love the first idiot that thinks he's going to power out of the slide.....
 grin

I thought it was fake because of that guy.  It was like he was doing every thing on purpose.  Bouncing from one car to another.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »
THis has a bit more footage after that firetruck showed up to block the street..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9tKWzxSZ5E
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »
Uh ohhh, better get MAACO!!

laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
OK, dumb question . . . how do I save this .wmv file to my HD? Microsoft's Windows Media Player doesn't seem to offer this option. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
Stupid people, I have never understood why people feel the need to go anywhere when conditions are most unfavorable to be driving in.

I commute twice a week about 45 miles for night class and after our little storm over the weekend here in Iowa, I confirmed with my carpool buddy that if the weather and/or the roads are not safe to be traveling on that we will be spending the night. He tried the whole I need to be home for my wife, kid, pets, etc. I told him well my wife would prefer me to be away for a night than come visit me in a hospital or attend my funeral.

I think he finally got it.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536