Author Topic: On That Dallas Restaurant and the NRA  (Read 1047 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On That Dallas Restaurant and the NRA
« on: May 05, 2018, 03:41:13 PM »
A few interesting things regarding that Dallas restaurant that is donating money this week (while the NRA convention is happening) to gun control:

1) So if the NRA tells it's members that they should consider dining elsewhere, they're extremists. If brownshirt David Hogg attempts to get Laura Ingraham's show taken off the air, that's "power to the people":

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/05/05/really-kirsten-powers-sees-nra-response-to-restaurants-receipt-message-as-extremist/

2) It seems pretty darn underhanded of that restaurant to tell you that a portion of the bill you just paid is going to gun control after, instead of before you pay. If they want to do that, hey fine - it's a free country. They should post a clear statement of that fact though, so that people that approve of it can dine there, and those that don't can make another choice.

3) The backpedaling by the restaurant is kinda funny. I guess they just today figured out they were located in Texas and that their stance may not be good for business:

https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbaumann/2018/05/05/dallas-restaurant-quickly-backpedals-support-for-gun-control-during-nra-annual-meeting-n2477851
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: On That Dallas Restaurant and the NRA
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:52:39 AM »
Better yet, the restaurant should keep their plans to themselves then they can donate money to any group without having to explain their actions.

By announcing their plans, the restaurant just put a big target on their backs.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
Better yet, the restaurant should keep their plans to themselves then they can donate money to any group without having to explain their actions.

By announcing their plans, the restaurant just put a big target on their backs.

That would be fine as well. I'm sure a lot of the places I frequent are owned by people with views I don't agree with, who give money to causes I don't believe in. They just don't slap me in the face with it by stating so on the bill I just signed. If you're a business and gonna go public with a view, put it on the front door. You'll drive off some customers while attracting others.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 03:21:09 PM »
Owner's twitter feed wasn't scrubbed well enough, quickly enough. People are ripping his "clarification" to shreds using his own words.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 10:25:51 PM »
Update.

The back-pedaling continues...

https://m.facebook.com/EllensDallas/photos/a.538759689530440.1073741826.335508316522246/1927079014031827/?type=3&source=48

The suckuppery would be kinda pathetic if the guy's history didn't make it such an obvious attempt at a social media smokescreen.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:08:54 PM »
Let’s tell them we support making restaurants pay their staff the same minimum wage and abide by the same labor rules as other industries since they want to get political
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 11:36:41 PM »
Update.

The back-pedaling continues...

https://m.facebook.com/EllensDallas/photos/a.538759689530440.1073741826.335508316522246/1927079014031827/?type=3&source=48

The suckuppery would be kinda pathetic if the guy's history didn't make it such an obvious attempt at a social media smokescreen.

Brad

Crank, meet shoe.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 10:48:52 AM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 10:53:41 AM »
I have to laugh at the "extremist" accusation.  Considering all the people carrying guns concealed and open carrying at the NRA convention, I really think if they chose to go full extremist it would take a different form.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 11:23:07 AM »
"Extremism" and "extremist" are highly abused words today. Basically, disagreeing with the Left on any issue, or on any aspect of that issue, can make one an "extremist." This is especially true when the left's viewpoint is demonstrably extremist, itself.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
"Extremism" and "extremist" are highly abused words today. Basically, disagreeing with the Left on any issue, or on any aspect of that issue, can make one an "extremist." This is especially true when the left's viewpoint is demonstrably extremist, itself.

It's interesting that the left is claiming the right is filled with "EXTREMISTS!"

The positions held by the right have not really changed in my lifetime. Somehow the exact same positions are now "EXTREME!" but the left isn't full of extremists, at all.

In fact, the right is so EXTREME! in its positions that they basically just elected someone for the third term of Bill Clinton. EXTREME!

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 11:49:56 AM »
It's interesting that the left is claiming the right is filled with "EXTREMISTS!"

The positions held by the right have not really changed in my lifetime. Somehow the exact same positions are now "EXTREME!" but the left isn't full of extremists, at all.

In fact, the right is so EXTREME! in its positions that they basically just elected someone for the third term of Bill Clinton. EXTREME!
Gott segne dich

Trump isn't Clinton.  Well, politically speaking, that is.  As to how he treats the ladies .... has he been accused of rape yet?  When will that happen?  Did I miss something? [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!