Author Topic: Oliver North to be NRA Pres.  (Read 1970 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Oliver North to be NRA Pres.
« on: May 07, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »
What does the hive mind think of this?

Lt. Col. Oliver North to become NRA president, organization says

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/07/lt-col-oliver-north-to-become-nra-president-organization-says.html

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Oliver North to be NRA Pres.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
He's a traitor.  We couldn't find anybody else?

IIRC he was convicted on several felonies, and the convictions were thrown out and the prosecutor chose not to retry (he wasn't acquitted) I don't remember the details; something about selling arm to the Iranians and destroying documents.  The Iran-Contra Scandal.
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 04:08:51 PM »
Oh good God, this is the best thing I have heard all day, month, maybe year.

Here we have a guy who's life was upended by the left wing media / bureaucracy machine mostly before we were aware one existed. And whatever he was involved in it looks like scout camp compared to the gun running McCain, Hillary, and Kerry were into, so go ahead and bring that up.

If you think a trump tweet triggers the media people grab your popcorn and melt some extra butter.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »
No cushy job for Fawn Hall?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
He's a traitor.  We couldn't find anybody else?

IIRC he was convicted on several felonies, and the convictions were thrown out and the prosecutor chose not to retry (he wasn't acquitted) I don't remember the details; something about selling arm to the Iranians and destroying documents.  The Iran-Contra Scandal.

I have no opinion on him as NRA pres, but the bolded comment seems a little harsh.  IIRC, the whole Iran-Contra arms sales thing was an executive branch thing, and while it was illegal I don't think it rises to "treasonous".  It's not like he was doing it on his own, it was a sanctioned (by the executive) operation.

His convictions were vacated, because he had been granted immunity and they used part of that information against him.

Also, I can't be too mad at anyone charged with lying to congress, given that body's proclivity for untruthfulness.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 04:33:34 PM »
No cushy job for Fawn Hall?

No...she is shredding the ballots.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 04:48:15 PM »
What are North's positions on gun control? 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »
This is great.
Whenever the lefties point at North and say "He sold weapons to the Iranians," We say "Your messiah sold guns to mexican drug cartels and senta cargo plane full of American cash to Iran.
At least the operation that North was being questioned for was used to fund commie killers.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »
I have no opinion on col north but it seems like a missed opportunity to elevate somebody like Colian Noir or Dana Loesch to the position. That would blow collective left gaskets. Oliver north plays a little too much to the stereotype.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
I have no opinion on col north but it seems like a missed opportunity to elevate somebody like Colian Noir or Dana Loesch to the position. That would blow collective left gaskets. Oliver north plays a little too much to the stereotype.

Yes, Colin Noir would be awesome, he's about as far away from a fudd as you can get.

Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 05:20:06 PM »
He's a traitor.  We couldn't find anybody else?

IIRC he was convicted on several felonies, and the convictions were thrown out and the prosecutor chose not to retry (he wasn't acquitted) I don't remember the details; something about selling arm to the Iranians and destroying documents.  The Iran-Contra Scandal.

North was a LT Col. at the time. Not exactly particularly high on the horse power scale at the pentagon. It's my opinion that there is absolutely ZERO probability that North was the head honcho in the Iran-Contra operation. Sure, a high level operator, maybe even in charge of the ground game but he damned sure didn't make it happen all on his own with out numerous higher brass knowing, condoning and facilitating what was afoot.
The whole Iran-Contra hearing BS was a dog and pony show orchestrated by the anti-American libtards in order to attempt to embarrass and discredit Reagan and Bush.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
North was a LT Col. at the time. Not exactly particularly high on the horse power scale at the pentagon. It's my opinion that there is absolutely ZERO probability that North was the head honcho in the Iran-Contra operation. Sure, a high level operator, maybe even in charge of the ground game but he damned sure didn't make it happen all on his own with out numerous higher brass knowing, condoning and facilitating what was afoot.
The whole Iran-Contra hearing BS was a dog and pony show orchestrated by the anti-American libtards in order to attempt to embarrass and discredit Reagan and Bush.

Yes, fall guy. We had those too in Libya, but the damn libyans killed them.
AKA Navy Joe   

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
I can agree with that.  Not sure who it should be, but there are lots of other choices.  Some like Colian certainly would make heads explode.  I don't have a bad view of North, but I don't connect him to the gun debate at all. 

I was thinking of Sheriff David Clarke, but I don't know much about him. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »
French G. remarked, "If you think a trump tweet triggers the media people grab your popcorn and melt some extra butter."

Yeah, my first thought was that it gives the left another chance to crank their slander machines up to eleven.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 11:45:04 PM »
I can agree with that.  Not sure who it should be, but there are lots of other choices.  Some like Colian certainly would make heads explode.  I don't have a bad view of North, but I don't connect him to the gun debate at all. 

Yeah, Clarke seems like a good pick.

And it's Colion; two o's.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 12:06:28 AM »
Is Nathan Filion available? If someone tries to kill you, you kill em right back.

Come to think of it, Adam Baldwin would be perfect. Mass triggering.
AKA Navy Joe   

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 01:13:28 AM »
Sheriff Clarke has made an entire career out of poking liberals in the eyes, for fun and for profit. He would make a solid President.

Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 02:36:38 AM »
French G. remarked, "If you think a trump tweet triggers the media people grab your popcorn and melt some extra butter."

Yeah, my first thought was that it gives the left another chance to crank their slander machines up to eleven.

North is a horrible pick, for this reason.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 08:20:16 AM »
North is a horrible pick, for this reason.

Would you prefer someone who will appease the gun-grabbers?  Or someone who will be fine with "common sense gun control?"
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 08:28:42 AM »

Mr. Noir and Mrs. Loesch are far too young. The position of President is not merely a spokesman position, and Mrs. Loesch already HAS that job.

On Mr. Clarke, I'm not sure how involved he has already been with the NRA. Generally an organization would prefer to select someone who has been working with them for many years, and not someone who is merely aligned with them politically. They also prefer to elevate someone who has already served on the Board of Directors, illustrating a significant commitment already.

(In fact, I'm not sure on the bylaws, does the President have to be selected from the existing board? Most organizations have rules along those lines.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 08:36:28 AM »
Would you prefer someone who will appease the gun-grabbers?  Or someone who will be fine with "common sense gun control?"

I'd prefer Chuck Norris.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 08:46:14 AM »
Mr. Noir and Mrs. Loesch are far too young. The position of President is not merely a spokesman position, and Mrs. Loesch already HAS that job.

On Mr. Clarke, I'm not sure how involved he has already been with the NRA. Generally an organization would prefer to select someone who has been working with them for many years, and not someone who is merely aligned with them politically. They also prefer to elevate someone who has already served on the Board of Directors, illustrating a significant commitment already.

(In fact, I'm not sure on the bylaws, does the President have to be selected from the existing board? Most organizations have rules along those lines.)
Did Charleton Heston fit that definition?  I thought the position of President of the NRA was mostly a figurehead these days. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 09:02:17 AM »
Did Charleton Heston fit that definition?  I thought the position of President of the NRA was mostly a figurehead these days. 

He was a member of the board before being elevated to president. (Only for a year, but still served on the board first.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »
Clarke unsettles me. We like him because politics or something, but if you always have to be on TV in uniform and such, why? Join the military. He seems way too in love with himself and state power. With him, Sheriff Joe, and coward Israel I am leant towards automatically distrusting any tv cop.
AKA Navy Joe   

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 09:44:12 AM »
Clarke unsettles me. We like him because politics or something, but if you always have to be on TV in uniform and such, why? Join the military. He seems way too in love with himself and state power.

Hmmm. I hadn't thought of it that way before. That's very interesting.

With him, Sheriff Joe, and coward Israel I am leant towards automatically distrusting any tv cop.

Well, forget what I just said, cuz that's nuts.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife