Author Topic: McCain is the Trump dossier source  (Read 2286 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
McCain is the Trump dossier source
« on: May 10, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »
McCain confirms he's Comey's Trump dossier source.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/10/would-do-it-again-mccain-writes-about-release-steele-dossier-to-fbi.html

I will refrain from saying anything further because it not be in the honorific and most certainly not in the spirit of maintaining polite discussion.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: McCain is the Trump dossier source
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
Once again the question of an upper age limit on elected officials crosses my mind. Many, many professions have mandatory retirement ages yet we allow elected politicians to continue being elected as long as they can get the votes, diminished mental faculties be damned!!!

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 10:19:59 AM »
I want to give every consideration to a guy (and family) going through what McCain is going through right now.  However it sure seems that instead of doing what a lot of people in his (medical) position do and trying to find peace at the end, that he's trying to shaft as many people as possible before he goes.

I guess if anything, we now know that in his heart, he was a Democrat and/or entrenched establishment guy, protecting "the establishment" regardless of which party is in charge. This is only one of several issues out right now in which he's backing the dems.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:49:13 AM »
Had the handover happened post-illness I would have more sympathy. This happened a solid year before McCain's illness was discovered/revealed.

Sympathy for his physical challenges and his family' plight, certainly. Sympathy for the personal animosity he is rightfully experiencing due to his dishonorable actions, none.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »
Maybe he has a brain tumor or something affecting his thought process.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

Then he's had a brain tumor his entire life.  Not just the last few years.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »

I would really like to think that is the cause but his actions since the election of Trump has been more like a deep hatred of the sitting President and he will block/resist/speak out against at every opportunity. I guess it is entirely possible the tumor and the knowledge of his impending death helped push that behavior to the forefront.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 11:59:58 AM »
Swampers gonna swamp.

The dynamic is too obvious here, for McCain, and many others. McCain, specifically, could have been president, if an upstart named Obama hadn't stepped in front of the much more defeatable HRC. Then another upstart, a guy who had never even been in public service, and refused to even act like a professional politician, got the chance McCain wanted 8 years prior, and walked away with it. I can only imagine how that gnaws at McCain.

An execrable move on McCain's part, but not at all surprising.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »
The “disturbing” nature of the allegations against Trump prompted his action, McCain writes.

I had no idea which if any were true,” the senator writes. “I could not independently verify any of it, and so I did what any American who cares about our nation’s security should have done.”

- U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., writing in "The Restless Wave"

My respect for this American hero has been going down for a long time.  It has reached the lower limit.

In the future, let us remember his honorable actions.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
McCain confirms he's Comey's Trump dossier source.

Need a "saw that coming" emoji.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »
I thought this was already known.

If I say anything else it likely wouldn’t be polite. Let’s just say I’ve never been a fan of McCain.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »
Something tells me this wasn't the first time he took actions behind the scenes to undercut an opponent or someone he didn't like.  The Savings & Loan scandal was quite a few years ago so his character hasn't changed much.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
"The Manchurian Candidate" was supposed to be science fiction, not an instruction manual.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 09:08:42 PM »
My respect for this American hero has been going down for a long time.  It has reached the lower limit.

In the future, let us remember his honorable actions.

And forget his dishonorable actions?

Why?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 09:33:32 PM »
And forget his dishonorable actions?

Why?

Correct.
Benedict Arnold was a successful and (mostly) respected general in the Continental Army.
Then there was that whole West Point affair with the British.
What is he remembered for today?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 09:36:02 PM »
His recipe for an a egg dish?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 09:37:01 PM »
Yet we *expletive deleted*it all over Trump for pointing out that the only notable part of McCain's military career was being a POW...

McCain isn't one of the good guys.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 10:11:32 PM »
Yet we *expletive deleted*it all over Trump for pointing out that the only notable part of McCain's military career was being a POW...

McCain isn't one of the good guys.

This is not a facetious question, I'm serious: Other than being a prisoner of war in Vietnam, was there anything especially notable about McCain's military career? Yeah, he was an officer and he was a pilot. So were a lot of other people. Frankly, considering that both his father and his grandfather were 4-star admirals, if anything he had the skids under his career greased pretty well. Wikipedia says he was awarded a bunch of medals, but it's difficult to figure out how he deserved any of them other than knowing he is the son and grandson of admirals.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 10:55:55 PM »
Yeah, regarding a lot of other people, Trump's comment was reprehensible.  When said about McCain, all it does it point out how McCain himself has been using that status to help his corrupt political career for decades. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 10:31:48 AM »
Really, APS?  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 12:10:58 PM »
Maybe reprehensible is too strong a word?  Maybe so.  I was surprised he said what he did, but I think his approval rating kept going up which said to me that few voters liked McCain or respected his military record.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 12:30:37 PM »
From McCain's essay in the Sat WSJ:

Vladimir Putin is an evil man, and he is intent on evil deeds, which include the destruction of the liberal world order that the United States has led and that has brought more stability, prosperity and freedom to humankind than has ever existed in history. He is exploiting the openness of our society and the increasingly acrimonious political divisions consuming us. He wants to widen those divides and paralyze us from responding to his aggression. He meddled in one election, and he will do it again because it worked and because he has not been made to stop.

Putin’s goal isn’t to defeat a candidate or a party. He means to defeat the West.

President Trump seems to vary from refusing to believe what Putin is doing to just not caring about it. To his credit, he overturned the Obama policy and supplied lethal assistance to Ukraine. But he needs to comprehend the nature of the threat Putin poses. He needs to understand Putin’s nature, and ours.

Last year, President Trump implied that our government was morally equivalent to Putin’s regime: “We got a lot of killers—what, you think our country’s so innocent?” he told an interviewer. It was a shameful thing to say and so unaware of reality. He said it as Russian bombs fell on Aleppo hospitals, as Ukrainian soldiers defended their country from another Russian attack, as the most vile false accusations pitting Americans against Americans coursed through social media, disseminated by an army of trolls paid by Putin to destroy the fraying bonds that hold our society together.

We must fight Vladimir Putin as determinedly as he fights us. We will stop him when we stop letting our partisan and personal interests expose our national security interests, even the integrity of our democracy and the rule of law, to his predation. We will stop him when we start believing in ourselves again and when we remember that our exceptionalism hasn’t anything to do with what we are—prosperous, powerful, envied—but with who we are: a people united by ideals, not ethnicity or geography, and determined to stand by those values, not just here at home but throughout the world.

I agree that Putin is Evil.  He puts Russia first and wants to re-create the Russian/Soviet Empire.  He wants buffer zones.   He didn't want NATO on his borders.   Fair enough, we wouldn't want the Warsaw Pact/Russian Forces on ours.

However, Putin's "meddling" in our election was lame, at best.  $250,000 of few memes, some fake FB pages, and the equivalent of  4 seconds of what gets uploaded on Youtube everyday is not "meddling", it's not even what a half-assed PAC spends on TV in a day.  No votes were changed, no machines tampered with.

Trump wanted to attempt to work with Putin to solve the Syria problem (The one Obama and Hillary created).   There was an opportunity to come to some type of solution (I don't know what), that could have possibly reduced the loss of life and the brought peace to the region (after destroying ISIS).  But the russia, Russia, RUSSIA !!! thing worked to  prevent any dialogue between the US and Russia, because any attempt would be met with "LOOK !!!!  MORE COLLUSION !!!".   So we bomb away and bomb the Syrian army for fake chemical attacks.

And the only reason there is such discord (much, much more than usual) in US politics is because of the Anti/NeverTrumpers like McCain.  He's taken every opportunity to get in his digs at Trump.  ie Voting against Obamacare repeal, saying he doesn't want Trump at his Funeral.  That last being very cheap and petty. 

If McCain had truly lead after the election, he would have recognized that Trump is now the President and the de facto leader of the party.  Showing his support and loyalty would have shown what kind of person and leader he was. (Yes, you can still disagree on various policy positions, that's expected), but a lot of what McCain did was out of spite.   Again.  Petty and Childish.  That colours my opinion of the man.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 12:49:07 PM »
Swampers gonna swamp.

The dynamic is too obvious here, for McCain, and many others. McCain, specifically, could have been president, if an upstart named Obama hadn't stepped in front of the much more defeatable HRC. Then another upstart, a guy who had never even been in public service, and refused to even act like a professional politician, got the chance McCain wanted 8 years prior, and walked away with it. I can only imagine how that gnaws at McCain.

An execrable move on McCain's part, but not at all surprising.

It must also gnaw at him that the only time he was ever ahead in the polls was after he announced Palin as a running mate.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 01:10:15 PM »
It must also gnaw at him that the only time he was ever ahead in the polls was after he announced Palin as a running mate.

I thought Palin's response to the dis she got from McCain was very gracious.

On Putin and Russia(ns) - we've had the discussion before, but also part of it is, while Russia herself may have meddled, most of the evidence seems to be people of Russian extraction, which should be no different than all the Mexican illegal aliens who did social media barrages against Trump and for Clinton. Or what's his name, the former President of Mexico.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."