Author Topic: Good Guy with a Gun  (Read 759 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Good Guy with a Gun
« on: August 06, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
Crowed event filled with children. Bad guy starts shooting. Good guy shoots bad guy and stops him. The only person harmed at this crowded event was the bad guy.

I'll be interested to see if this gets anywhere in the MSM.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/06/florida-armed-bystander-stops-gunman-at-crowded-back-to-school-event-at-park-police-say.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Good Guy with a Gun
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 11:47:10 AM »
Depends on whether the MSM takes off on this remark by Dwight Harvey, who hosted the event:

“This was standing your ground, in a situation like this with kids involved; not what you saw in Clearwater -- that was murder,” Harvey told Florida Today, referring to a controversial shooting last month over a handicapped parking space that's sparked protests.

If they pounce on that, it will get mainstream coverage; if they miss it, no.  However, rabble rousers of the Clearwater event may jump on it and pump it up in the MSM to support their agenda.

It has been said,

The MSM are master deceivers, using subtle lies of omission and 'agenda-friendly' slants to stories. They've had years to perfect the Art of Deception.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »
I was curious what the guy was shooting at that no one got injured.  Was he shooting in the air?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 12:58:39 PM »
Depends on whether the MSM takes off on this remark by Dwight Harvey, who hosted the event:

If they pounce on that, it will get mainstream coverage; if they miss it, no.  However, rabble rousers of the Clearwater event may jump on it and pump it up in the MSM to support their agenda.

It has been said,

This isn't even lies of omission. BOTH situations had nothing to do with "Stand Your Ground" and were basic self-defense (or defense of others) law.

It's just lies.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:13:24 PM »
I was curious what the guy was shooting at that no one got injured.  Was he shooting in the air?

I was wondering about that myself. There were a lot of shots in the video. I couldn't tell for sure, but they all sounded the same.

Not that logic plays into it, but it sounds like the guy lost a fist fight and came back for revenge, so logically, I would assume he'd be shooting at his opponent, or his opponent and people close to him, versus in the air. You never know what goes through the minds of these idiots though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
This isn't even lies of omission. BOTH situations had nothing to do with "Stand Your Ground" and were basic self-defense (or defense of others) law.

It's just lies.

True, but let's not forget the dynamics of this kind of crap.  At which they are professionally expert.  Never let a tragedy (or any propaganda advantage) go to waste.

And (symbolically) all you and I want to do is harmlessly shoot at tin cans lined up on the fence from our back porches.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.