Author Topic: The Omarosa Tapes  (Read 1111 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Omarosa Tapes
« on: August 08, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »
I'm thinking if done on the job while Trump was President this would be a felony. If done when both were private citizens, may or may not be misdemeanor, no?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/08/08/what-a-shocker-omarosa-reportedly-made-secret-recordings-of-conversations-with-trump/

One of the top 5 stupidest things Trump has done as President was give her a job. Can't help but wonder if she didn't have blackmail recordings to make that happen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The Omarosa Tapes
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 09:16:07 PM »
The federal law and the law of most states only requires the permission of one of the participants to record a conversation. There are twelve states that require the permission of both (or all) parties. Obviously, Washington, DC, is not a state and so it's not a two-party consent jurisdiction.

But this isn't a case of two people meeting at Starbucks for a blind date. This is the White House, the headquarters of the President of the United States. I would think there are some internal rules and regulations that govern what can be recorded, and by whom. What has me seriously concerned is just how the [bleep] she was able to make all these recordings without the Secret Service being aware of it. Aren't they supposed to on top of illicit bugs in the White House?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 09:22:12 PM »
One of the top 5 stupidest things Trump has done as President was give her a job. Can't help but wonder if she didn't have blackmail recordings to make that happen.

I'd put her and Sessions in the Top 2.   I could never figure out why he ever had her on his campaign, much less in the WH.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 10:02:38 PM »
I'd put her and Sessions in the Top 2.   I could never figure out why he ever had her on his campaign, much less in the WH.

The only thing I can think of is to create a lot of smoke with no fire, to keep the media chasing in the wrong direction.
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 10:39:41 AM »
Aren't they supposed to on top of illicit bugs in the White House?

I doubt she bugged the WH or even her own office.  More likely, she used a personal recorder or her smart phone to record everything.  As part of Trump's staff, she was a trusted person so she wasn't searched during her visits.

As far as the rules about recording in the WH, I think there is a law that says all communications, including recordings, must be turned over and made public (as much as possible).  Isn't that how Nixon got hung out to dry?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »
I doubt she bugged the WH or even her own office.  More likely, she used a personal recorder or her smart phone to record everything.  As part of Trump's staff, she was a trusted person so she wasn't searched during her visits.

As far as the rules about recording in the WH, I think there is a law that says all communications, including recordings, must be turned over and made public (as much as possible).  Isn't that how Nixon got hung out to dry?

I think that was  spelled     SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 01:16:16 PM »
I think there is a law that says all communications, including recordings, must be turned over and made public (as much as possible).

Yes, funny story about that:
Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 05:22:39 PM »

I thought Nixon was recording his conversations on his own and that became public knowledge from questioning of his aides.  I am certainly not an expert on the Watergate nonsense though. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge