Author Topic: Mollie Tibbetts, kidnapped and killed by illegal alien.  (Read 6134 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Mollie Tibbetts, kidnapped and killed by illegal alien.
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:23:17 PM »
Not the creepy farmer or the guy whose house got invaded by the cops but by someone who should not have been in the country at all.

Dude claims he blacked out. Sure. Whatever.

Now he gets to live in America for the rest of his miserable existance. Unless a sympathetic judge gives him less than life w/o parole of course.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Mollie Tibbetts, kidnapped and killed by illegal alien.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:49:39 PM »
Not the creepy farmer or the guy whose house got invaded by the cops but by someone who should not have been in the country at all.

Dude claims he blacked out. Sure. Whatever.

Now he gets to live in America for the rest of his miserable existance. Unless a sympathetic judge gives him less than life w/o parole of course.

Iowa doesn't have a death penalty, does do life without parole a lot.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:04:03 PM »
This year's Kate Steinle. Hell hath no fury greater than news coverage of a photogenic dead white girl. Probably best not too be very pro immigrant if you are campaigning in Iowa. So, guess I better go get one of those no matter where you are from we're glad you're here yard signs.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »
Once again, will someone please explain to me, in rational terms, why we should tolerate the presence within our borders of even ONE illegal alien?

This makes me sick. The guy was in this country [illegally] for seven years, and he doesn't speak English well enough to talk to the police without an interpreter? But he understood "Police" well enough to kill her when she said she was going to call the cops. And I don't for a nanosecond buy into the "No me recuerdo" defense.

Just from a half dozen visits of two to four weeks duration I learned enough Spanish to be able to represent myself -- without an interpreter -- in a courtroom in my wife's native country when we adopted her granddaughter. And I managed to communicate with an attorney who didn't speak English when my wife died and I had to go there to settle her affairs and arrange a funeral that her family could attend. I have zero sympathy for the creep.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:10:21 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:34:59 PM »
Once again, will someone please explain to me, in rational terms, why we should tolerate the presence within our borders of ever ONE illegal alien?

<sarcasm>
Because we're racists if we don't.
</sarcasm>
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
Diversity is our strength you bunch of MAGA racists.  [barf]
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 08:14:26 PM »
Diversity is our strength you bunch of MAGA racists.  [barf]

I embody and personify diversity. My ancestry includes English, Scottish, probably Welsh, French, Swiss German, and maybe a tinge of a couple of others. I'm a mutt, albeit a WASP mutt.

As for illegal aliens, there's nothing racist about it -- I deplore all illegals, irrespective of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, gender, or purported planet of origin. I'm an equal opportunity deplorer.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:27:34 PM by Hawkmoon »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 08:22:38 PM »
Once again, will someone please explain to me, in rational terms, why we should tolerate the presence within our borders of even ONE illegal alien?

This makes me sick. The guy was in this country [illegally] for seven years, and he doesn't speak English well enough to talk to the police without an interpreter? But he understood "Police" well enough to kill her when she said she was going to call the cops. And I don't for a nanosecond buy into the "No me recuerdo" defense.

Just from a half dozen visits of two to four weeks duration I learned enough Spanish to be able to represent myself -- without an interpreter -- in a courtroom in my wife's native country when we adopted her granddaughter. And I managed to communicate with an attorney who didn't speak English when my wife died and I had to go there to settle her affairs and arrange a funeral that her family could attend. I have zero sympathy for the creep.
The obvious answer is he likely does speak decent English, he just wants an interpreter.  Serves almost as a lawyer to slow down the questioning and probably sets up some sympathy for the confused foreigner.  That said, there are quite a few places in the US where you can get along just fine speaking only Spanish. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 08:23:50 PM »
Build the wall

All the illegals must go
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »
That said, there are quite a few places in the US where you can get along just fine speaking only Spanish.  

Unfortunately, I live in such a place. My wife basically quit trying to learn English after a year or two here because she didn't need it. Around here, if you want to order something in a McDonald's, Burger King, or Dunkin' Donuts -- you'd better speak some Spanish.

But I didn't think Iowa was such a place.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »
Most of the so called progressives haven't got an iota of rational thought regarding anything, particularly with respect to immigration.     
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 10:04:07 PM »
I embody and personify diversity. My ancestry includes English, Scottish, probably Welsh, French, Swiss German, and maybe a tinge of a couple of others. I'm a mutt, albeit a WASP mutt.

As for illegal aliens, there's nothing racist about it -- I deplore all illegals, irrespective of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, gender, or purported planet of origin. I'm an equal opportunity deplorer.

Whoosh.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 11:19:30 PM »
The assumption is they reliably vote for Democrats.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 11:33:13 PM »
The assumption is they reliably vote for Democrats.

That's a given, but that's not a valid reason.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 08:18:48 AM »
That's a given, but that's not a valid reason.

Not for YOU, but it is for probably 1/3 of the country.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 09:07:32 AM »
Interestingly, I read that this guy passed E-verify.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 09:22:23 AM »
The good: the police official who announced the arrest of the "alleged" perp referred to him as an illegal alien.     =D

The bad: the local newsreader in Austin, TX, reporting on the story, referred to the "alleged" perp as an undocumented immigrant.    :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 09:48:47 AM »
The good: the police official who announced the arrest of the "alleged" perp referred to him as an illegal alien.     =D

The bad: the local newsreader in Austin, TX, reporting on the story, referred to the "alleged" perp as an undocumented immigrant.    :mad:

They have to refer to him as "alleged" because he hasn't been convicted yet. Hopefully that's only a formality at this point.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 09:51:15 AM »

The original article I first saw on this the headline simply said "immigrant", some time later it was changed to include illegal.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »
This story will now quietly disappear from the MSM.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 10:40:01 AM »
Unfortunately, I live in such a place. My wife basically quit trying to learn English after a year or two here because she didn't need it. Around here, if you want to order something in a McDonald's, Burger King, or Dunkin' Donuts -- you'd better speak some Spanish.

With low unemployment and employers refusal to pay a wage much above minimum wage for heavy labor or low skill labor, you tend to attract those willing to work for anything.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 11:06:56 AM »
This story will now quietly disappear from the MSM.

Yes. I already saw an MSNBC clip where one of their pundits was complaining that, "Fox News is covering some girl from Iowa instead of Manafort."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »
Quote from: Hawkmoon on August 21, 2018, 08:30:06 PM

With low unemployment and employers refusal to pay a wage much above minimum wage for heavy labor or low skill labor, you tend to attract those willing to work for anything.

True, but ...

My town is so small that it has no McDonald's, no Burger King, no Taco Bell, etc. I think there was a Subway for awhile, but it went out of business. The municipality one town to the west is large enough to have a McDonald's AND a Subway. (Woo, hoo!) The younger brother of one of the cheerleaders from when I was in high school lives there. A few years ago he told me that his teen-aged son and daughter, who were both in high school at the time, had applied for open jobs at the local Mickey D's. They didn't get hired. Both jobs went to people who speak predominately Spanish, and who commute to work by train from the larger city half an hour to the south.

That's just not right.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »

True, but ...

My town is so small that it has no McDonald's, no Burger King, no Taco Bell, etc. I think there was a Subway for awhile, but it went out of business. The municipality one town to the west is large enough to have a McDonald's AND a Subway. (Woo, hoo!) The younger brother of one of the cheerleaders from when I was in high school lives there. A few years ago he told me that his teen-aged son and daughter, who were both in high school at the time, had applied for open jobs at the local Mickey D's. They didn't get hired. Both jobs went to people who speak predominately Spanish, and who commute to work by train from the larger city half an hour to the south.

That's just not right.

High School kids can only work certain hours because of being in school during the day and usually wanting time off for activities. I know it isn't right but if your an low wage employer, are you going high someone with a flexible schedule who is happy to work, or deal with a teenager.

I still think the illegal alien problem can be dealt with by going after employers, fine the sh*t out of them for hiring undocumented workers or using contractors with undocumented workers. Make it extremely unprofitable to hire anyone but documented workers or citizens. Go after everyone, ag companies, construction, hotels, etc.

Granted what we pay for good and services is going to go up, but there will be no incentive for illegal immigration.

Uranus is a gas giant.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 11:57:13 AM »
High School kids can only work certain hours because of being in school during the day and usually wanting time off for activities. I know it isn't right but if your an low wage employer, are you going high someone with a flexible schedule who is happy to work, or deal with a teenager.

I still think the illegal alien problem can be dealt with by going after employers, fine the sh*t out of them for hiring undocumented workers or using contractors with undocumented workers. Make it extremely unprofitable to hire anyone but documented workers or citizens. Go after everyone, ag companies, construction, hotels, etc.

Granted what we pay for good and services is going to go up, but there will be no incentive for illegal immigration.

You'll need to do something about the fact that they can't check e-verify until AFTER they have hired the illegal. That's discrimination, apparently.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought