Author Topic: Solid laptop deals on Dell Outlet right now  (Read 547 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Solid laptop deals on Dell Outlet right now
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:52:49 PM »
Quick heads up for anyone looking to buy a new laptop...

Finally pulled the trigger on a new laptop, ostensibly for class but also because I've been wanting something better than the cranky hand-me-down I got from Mom. Got a Scratch&Dent model from the Dell Outlet Store. Almost 40% off regular price with a full warranty. Inspiron 15. Core i7 8550 machine, 1tb drive, 32gb RAM, touch screen, and Windows Pro for about what you'd pay for a generic upper midrange off-the-shelf machine at Big Box, even after tax and shipping.

Looks like they have a pretty good selection right now with 7th and 8th gen Core i7 machines beginnig  at five bills and Core i9's starting in the upper sixes. All at least 20% off and some way more than that.

Brad
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:06:56 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Solid laptop deals on Dell Outlet right now
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
Setting up the machine now. It's even more of a beast than I anticipated. When checking specs I didn't notice that it also has ATI Radeon graphics, a definite step up from the integrated Intel graphics. Runs cooler than I expected, too. I would have expected a machine this slim to run noticeably warm but this one seems to have very good heat management. For the price I am wayyyy more than satisfied.

Also, this was supposed to be a Scratch & Dent machine but I have found neither scratch nor dent anywhere. Not bad for a hoss of a machine that was 40% off.

Brad
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:21:38 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Solid laptop deals on Dell Outlet right now
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 06:43:36 PM »
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a new one also.  I too, had been using the machine that I got Mom, but once we sold the house and moved her into a nursing home, she didn't want it anymore.  While it's a decent machine, it's getting a bit long in the tooth, and is not as quick as it once was.

Any went with one that has an Intel Pentium 7 v3, 8 Gb Ram, 1Tb Hard drive, and a CD Read/Write.  Should be here sometime next week. All for right at four bills including tax. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.