Author Topic: Fat and cholesterol aren't that bad.  (Read 1760 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Fat and cholesterol aren't that bad.
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:06:20 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Fat and cholesterol aren't that bad.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 10:15:28 AM »
Sine wave science.

=D :rofl:

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:31:57 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »
New study out.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/09/22/new-research-confirms-we-got-cholesterol

Enjoy your bacon today.

It is Sunday.  Sunday lunch is always fried bacon, tofu fried to crispness is bacon fat, fresh broccoli & cauliflower florets fried in bacon fat, eggs fried in bacon fat, presented on a bed of fresh raw spinach and topped with hemp hearts and Religious Experience - The Wrath salsa.   

My GP does not like that I eat this way and thinks I need to eat more grains & less meat, but likes that I weigh 34% less than I did a year ago.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 11:12:17 AM »
Hemp hearts?  Never heard of that.  What is that like?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 01:29:30 PM »
moderation in diet while limiting white flour and sugar seems like a safe plan
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
Everyone who has eaten Brussels sprouts has died.   So,  Brussels sprouts must be poisonous.

Science study concluded.   

[tinfoil]

(I really HATE Brussel sprouts!)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 09:20:01 PM »
https://thewrath.com/sample-page/

Religious Experience.  Got it finally.

Hey !  At least I knew what "GP" was !

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »
moderation in diet while limiting white flour and sugar seems like a safe plan

Funny how it works out that grain and sugar are a problem...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »
https://thewrath.com/sample-page/

Religious Experience.  Got it finally.

Hey !  At least I knew what "GP" was !

Do I want to know what a GP is? I thought it meant "general principles" or "general purposes."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 08:21:21 PM »
Do I want to know what a GP is? I thought it meant "general principles" or "general purposes."

General Practioner a.k.a. Doctor.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 08:30:29 PM »
^ I think fistful knows; he's just jazzing me for demonstrating a prior lack of skills in search-engine search terms.  I think.

At first I thought "GP" meant Girl Phriend, but that didn't really fit the context.

A couple of decades ago I seem to recall some study that showed that the fatty sausage-eating Germans had a pretty long lifespan, considering their usual diet.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 09:42:04 PM »
The link between meat and atherosclerosis seems pretty hard to dispute, given you can reliably create it in animals by feeding herbivores meat.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 11:04:03 PM »
^ I think fistful knows; he's just jazzing me for demonstrating a prior lack of skills in search-engine search terms.  I think.

Nope. I am planning to remain ignorant of things medical for as long as possible.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 12:47:06 AM »
The link between meat and atherosclerosis seems pretty hard to dispute, given you can reliably create it in animals by feeding herbivores meat.

Soo....regularly feeding meat to creatures that didn't evolve to eat meat makes them sick? You don't say... ;/
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »
Soo....regularly feeding meat to creatures that didn't evolve to eat meat makes them sick? You don't say... ;/

That includes us. We get the same symptoms they do from eating meat.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 09:09:32 AM »

What about feeding meat to ominvores?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 11:08:06 AM »
What about feeding meat to ominvores?

Which is, in fact, what we are.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
Hemp hearts?  Never heard of that.  What is that like?

On the tongue rather nut like, with a richness akin to cashews mixed with a greenness reminiscent of how fresh cut grass smells.  More fat & protein than an equivalent weight of cheese.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 03:26:20 PM »
On the tongue rather nut like, with a richness akin to cashews mixed with a greenness reminiscent of how fresh cut grass smells.  More fat & protein than an equivalent weight of cheese.

With a description like that, you should be writing for Food & Wine magazine.

Will eating that make a person test positive for THC?  I don't think it does, but gotta ask anyway.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 08:45:01 PM »
With a description like that, you should be writing for Food & Wine magazine.

Will eating that make a person test positive for THC?  I don't think it does, but gotta ask anyway.

Very unlikely, since these are derived from low THC stains and most of the THC produced would be in flowers of the female plant.  Maybe if you ate the whole bag, or several in one sitting.

See also: https://kdvr.com/2014/02/18/can-hemp-seeds-make-you-test-positive-for-marijuana/

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »

Humans are omnivores, not herbivores.  Look at out physiology.  Upper and lower Teeth for tearing, stereoscopic vision (like what predators have to locate prey), stereoscopic hearing (ditto).  We are built to eat meat.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 10:05:52 PM »
Humans are omnivores, not herbivores.  Look at out physiology.  Upper and lower Teeth for tearing, stereoscopic vision (like what predators have to locate prey), stereoscopic hearing (ditto).  We are built to eat meat.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

Although most of us conduct our lives as omnivores, in that we eat flesh as well as vegetables and fruits, human beings have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores (2). The appendages of carnivores are claws; those of herbivores are hands or hooves. The teeth of carnivores are sharp; those of herbivores are mainly flat (for grinding). The intestinal tract of carnivores is short (3 times body length); that of herbivores, long (12 times body length). Body cooling of carnivores is done by panting; herbivores, by sweating. Carnivores drink fluids by lapping; herbivores, by sipping. Carnivores produce their own vitamin C, whereas herbivores obtain it from their diet. Thus, humans have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 10:24:08 PM »

This is hot garbage.  Most of it has nothing to do with whether or not you're a herbivore, omnivore or carnivore, and the ones that do are flat out wrong.

Our intestine has more in common with other omnivores and carnivores than it does with herbivores. We have no structure dedicated to digesting plant matter. Ruminants, like cows, have multiple stomachs to accomplish this task, while non-ruminant herbivores like horses have enlarged cecums. Our cecum is almost non-existent, which is what you'd expect for an omnivore or carnivore.

Our teeth are characteristically those of omnivores. We have both structure for chewing flesh as well as plant material.

The vast majority of animals are able to biosynthesize vitamin C, including most herbivores. Humans are among the very few animals that don't. That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you're a herbivore or carnivore.

The rest of it - methods of sweating, drinking water, etc. have absolutely nothing to do with diet.

In short, my days of not taking you seriously are definitely coming to a middle.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 10:46:38 PM »

That sweating thing is wrong regarding humans. Because we are hairless, we are one big sweat gland. Without starting a whole religious versus evolutionary thing, our forward facing eyes, bipedal evolution (to see over those tall African grasses), and being a giant sweat gland made us efficient hunters. We couldn't outrun most game, but we could wear it down, because we are very efficient heat exchangers. I recall an anthropology professor that I had, telling us how he experimented with that as part of his dissertation, chasing down wild goats on Hawaii. Eventually the ungulates just run out of juice.

The fact that we're omnivores made us more adaptable than either herbivores or carnivores.

More on sweating and hunting (from the same website BTW):

In the long evolutionary history of man, powerful selection factors would have operated on hunter—gatherers who relied on sustained endurance running to hunt middle-sized mobile game.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1281456/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."