Author Topic: Bing calling Joe Lieberman a clown  (Read 596 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Bing calling Joe Lieberman a clown
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
Type "Joe Lieberman" into bing.com. Anybody see anything strange there?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:06:34 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Bing calling Joe Lieberman a clown
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 10:20:57 AM »
That's very odd. I thought someone must have messed with his Wiki page but Wiki has the normal bio.

It's possible that someone DID mess with his Wiki page, but Bing hasn't updated their results, while Wiki has corrected.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 12:55:27 AM »
It's possible that someone DID mess with his Wiki page, but Bing hasn't updated their results, while Wiki has corrected.

That's what happened. If you check the history of the "Joe Lieberman" Wiki article, you can see someone blanked it and redirected it to the "Clown" article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Joe_Lieberman&type=revision&diff=859344627&oldid=858674690
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 01:05:58 AM »
And yours truly just happened to be looking up Joe Lieberman on the googles this morning.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife