Author Topic: Flake's seat will stay in the R column  (Read 928 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Flake's seat will stay in the R column
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »
For me, this goes directly to what I have been complaining about since before the election. Ever since Trump declared his candidacy, Hollywood and "celebrities" got center stage, and the critical error most of these dems are making is playing to the celebrity crowd as if they speak for and represent Americans everywhere.

I'm sure people like Kathy Griffin are saying "right on girl", while this person's actual potential constituents are saying, "WTF?"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
She's pandering to her hardcore left base of "I hate America it's so racist/Trumpist/Naziist/Capitalist" voters.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »
Which caused someone to go digging through her tweets from the past....Ruht-Roh Shaggy...

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/10/12/could-kyrsten-sinemas-grave-get-any-deeper-hell-yes-it-can/

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
IMNSHO, it likely won't have much of a negative effect on her campaign. I have a hunch a lot of Dem voters in AZ are in agreement with her.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 02:38:41 PM »
IMNSHO, it likely won't have much of a negative effect on her campaign. I have a hunch a lot of Dem voters in AZ are in agreement with her.
The people who are already voting with that candidate will always do that.  But the effect will be on people that are not decided or people who weren't planning to vote for either candidate.  This might push some more voters over to the other side.  Or it may just cause some of her would-be voters to stay home.  There will be some voters affected by this.  How many of them with be exposed to this information is another question.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »
But PA will probably re-elect a D a governor.  Because the R gubernatorial candidate is a dumb ass.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/10/12/pa-gop-gubernatorial-candidate-scott-wagner-demonstrates-how-not-to-make-a-political-ad-video/

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »
The people who are already voting with that candidate will always do that.  But the effect will be on people that are not decided or people who weren't planning to vote for either candidate.  This might push some more voters over to the other side.  Or it may just cause some of her would-be voters to stay home.  There will be some voters affected by this.  How many of them with be exposed to this information is another question.

Agreed...If I was on the fence and I saw this, I wouldn't be voting for her.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 04:45:41 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/in-arizona-senate-race-mcsally-continues-gaining-ground-after-a-boost-from-kavanaugh-hearings

Polls show Republican Congresswoman Martha McSally has a slight advantage and higher favorability ratings than her Democratic opponent, Kyrsten Sinema.

“Whether they disliked Trump or had issues with the establishment,” pollster Mike Noble told the Phoenix ABC affiliate, “now what we've seen is [the] Kavanaugh confirmation process has really brought all those Republicans home and has solidified the Republican base, hence why you're seeing all the favorable numbers toward McSally."

The two women are virtually in a dead heat, but the heated hearings over Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination seemed to favor McSally.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 05:03:38 PM »
But PA will probably re-elect a D a governor.  Because the R gubernatorial candidate is a dumb ass.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/10/12/pa-gop-gubernatorial-candidate-scott-wagner-demonstrates-how-not-to-make-a-political-ad-video/

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Wow, that is odd.  Golf Spikes? 

Something tells me he is someone who doesn't invite input from subordinates so this crazy script gets put out and no one speaks up about it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »
You know, Kyrsten might make a better R than Flake. Good thing there are Nazi armies massing in New Mexico, Vidkun would probably invite them in.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 03:59:42 AM »
This here's some great opposition research.  It would appear the D's need to do a better job of vetting their candidates.  (Like the Drunk Driving guy in TX...)

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/10/15/report-senate-candidate-krysten-sinema-invited-prominent-group-of-feminist-witches-to-protest-iraq-war/

Money Quote:

So, to recap: while @RepMcSally was flying A-10 Thunderbolts over Iraq and Kuwait as the first American woman to fly in combat, @kyrstensinema was palling around with people who pretend to fly on brooms. So, there's your options, AZ.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.