Author Topic: Moderate Dog Mattis  (Read 795 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Moderate Dog Mattis
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:04:46 PM »
Trump addresses rumors Mattis may leave administration.

Says Mattis is “sort of a Democrat”.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/411299-trump-unsure-if-mattis-will-stay-hes-sort-of-a-democrat
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Moderate Dog Mattis
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »
Man, I hope Trump doesn't screw things up with Mattis.

I wonder who would end up replacing him?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:02:42 AM »
Not surprised he is "sort of democrat."  Despite his virtues, Mattis has done nothing about the women in the infantry BS.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 09:19:55 AM »
Not surprised he is "sort of democrat."  Despite his virtues, Mattis has done nothing about the women in the infantry BS.

That's the least of my worries regarding a SECDEF. I'm much more concerned with having someone that makes our adversaries take pause. There have been a few instances already where I think situations were defused not by Trump's bluster, but by adversaries looking past Trump and seeing Mattis quietly staring at them.

Trump could fire Mattis and hire a blowhard like him (and hey, I like most of what Trump has done, but he IS a blowhard) who might "get tough" on domestic issues like women warfighters, but would not be taken as seriously as Mattis by adversaries who matter. Trump is the guy who says he knows more about NATO than Mattis. I'd hate to see him appoint a mini-Trump to the SEDEF position.

I could care less if Mattis turns out to be a full blown Democrat. I can find few faults in his actions to date, and he scares the *expletive deleted*it out of our enemies (and allies), while doing so in a respectful and quiet manner. That goes a long way as far as I'm concerned.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 09:59:38 AM »
That's the least of my worries regarding a SECDEF. I'm much more concerned with having someone that makes our adversaries take pause. There have been a few instances already where I think situations were defused not by Trump's bluster, but by adversaries looking past Trump and seeing Mattis quietly staring at them.

Trump could fire Mattis and hire a blowhard like him (and hey, I like most of what Trump has done, but he IS a blowhard) who might "get tough" on domestic issues like women warfighters, but would not be taken as seriously as Mattis by adversaries who matter. Trump is the guy who says he knows more about NATO than Mattis. I'd hate to see him appoint a mini-Trump to the SEDEF position.

I could care less if Mattis turns out to be a full blown Democrat. I can find few faults in his actions to date, and he scares the *expletive deleted*it out of our enemies (and allies), while doing so in a respectful and quiet manner. That goes a long way as far as I'm concerned.

While that may be a concern, look at Trump's other picks. I'd go so far to say that zero are "mini-Trumps."

His style seems to be to find competent people and make sure he takes all the heat so they can quietly go about doing their jobs. Effectively, he's inverted the normal presidential order that the underlings take all the heat to protect the President and let him be "presidential."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 07:44:58 PM »
While that may be a concern, look at Trump's other picks. I'd go so far to say that zero are "mini-Trumps."

His style seems to be to find competent people and make sure he takes all the heat so they can quietly go about doing their jobs. Effectively, he's inverted the normal presidential order that the underlings take all the heat to protect the President and let him be "presidential."

I’m in agreement.

Trump is master level troll and pure shirtlord. Zero FÂ¥<{S given.

Deflection, confusion, chaos, obfuscation and misdirection seem to be his MO.

He sucks all the air out of every news cycle with his antics. The left cannot stay on message, they’re in perpetual outrage over new things every week.

Not tired of winning.

Now its time to get out of the Middle East and build the damn wall.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »
I’m in agreement.

Trump is master level troll and pure shirtlord. Zero FÂ¥<{S given.

Deflection, confusion, chaos, obfuscation and misdirection seem to be his MO.

He sucks all the air out of every news cycle with his antics. The left cannot stay on message, they’re in perpetual outrage over new things every week.

Not tired of winning.

Now its time to get out of the Middle East and build the damn wall.

Now who can argue with that.    Reverend!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0faW-LRZU

Trump does seem to be doing foreign policy differently than Presidents of the last few decades.  I have been hoping for that sort of outcome.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge