Author Topic: Pittsburgh Synagouge shooting.  (Read 3123 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Pittsburgh Synagouge shooting.
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 12:30:29 PM »
Shooter's name doesn't sound Arabic so perhaps not Islamic terrorism, although "All Jews must die" isn't an especially ecumenical statement. It will be interesting to see if they come up with a motive.

Of course, I have the usual questions: Aside from whether or not it was Islamic terrorism, I also need to know if the synagogue had declared itself to be a gun-free zone, and whether the firearm(s) used was/were assault weapon(s).

By law, PA allows for CCW in a place of worship.  The place of worship can post a gun buster sign and "ban" all guns.

Check under the "Cool Zones" section https://www.pennlago.com/hot-zones-pennsylvania-lago-can-cannot-carry-firearm/

https://crimeresearch.org/2018/10/pittsburgh-tree-of-life-synagogue-shooting-apparently-took-place-in-another-gun-free-zone/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 12:55:28 PM »
Jewish leaders in Pittsburgh blame President Trump.

Not welcome in their city unless he converts into a SJW.

https://www.bendthearc.us/open_letter_to_president_trump

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 01:11:58 PM »
Jewish leaders in Pittsburgh blame President Trump.

Not welcome in their city unless he converts into a SJW.

https://www.bendthearc.us/open_letter_to_president_trump

How has Trump "targeted" Jewish communities?   ???

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 01:36:10 PM »
How has Trump "targeted" Jewish communities?   ???

2+2=5

It makes more sense if you understand there is no such thing as “The Jews” in a monolithic sense.

Trumps cabinet is filled with Jewish people who aren’t on board with the American progressive Jewish ideological/political movement.

Trumps Jewish allies are pro Israel, so as long as he is pro Israel they are with him.

Trump has targeted progressive policies so hence, he has targeted progressive Jewish communities.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 02:01:26 PM »
How has Trump "targeted" Jewish communities?   ???

Seems more like some people who happen to be Jewish AND progressive are choosing to speak as progressives for all Jewish people. As well as, apparently, all of Pittsburgh.

Edit because I just saw this. Apparently these Jewish people don't speak for the Synagogue either:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/10/29/cnn-is-awful-tree-of-life-rabbi-jeffrey-myers-makes-alisyn-camerota-look-stupid-for-asking-if-trump-is-welcome-watch/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 03:21:34 PM »
That’s awesome.

Trump is helping fracture conventional Democrat voting blocks and even peeling some of them off for the right.

Trump knows people, turns out he’s not a bad politician.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2018, 08:40:30 AM »
Trump knows people, turns out he’s not a bad politician.
That may be the most savage insult I've seen leveled at him to date.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »
That may be the most savage insult I've seen leveled at him to date.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/powerful-humanity-of-jewish-hospital-staff-that-treated-robert-bowers/

I am sure it would have annoyed Mr. Bowers no end to know that many members of his emergency medical team were Jewish.  Too bad.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 10:17:45 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/powerful-humanity-of-jewish-hospital-staff-that-treated-robert-bowers/

I am sure it would have annoyed Mr. Bowers no end to know that many members of his emergency medical team were Jewish.  Too bad.

One report I heard indicated he carried on his vindictive anti-semitic   b.s. while being treated; aiming it right at those who were trying to help him.   

"Too bad"  indeed.    I guess schadenfreude does have its place. >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »
I'm betting he needed a blood transfusion.

I hope some of those staff were so kind as to donate for him.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 11:52:08 AM »
Pennsylvania State Police maintains a database of all handgun sales. It's possible they just ran his name through that, got 6 hits for pistols and ran with it.

(18 PA C.S. § 6111)

Ah, yes -- the infamous database that's not a database, because it isn't complete. This used to be discussed at length on a regular basis on the PAFOA (Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association) web forum. Pennsylvania state law prohibits the State Police from establishing or maintaining a gun registry. The State Police database, as I understand it, only includes sales made through FFLs. The state supreme court ruled several years ago that, inasmuch as the database doesn't include ALL sales (private, as well as public), it isn't an unlawful registry, and therefore the State Police can continue to maintain it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »
By law, PA allows for CCW in a place of worship.  The place of worship can post a gun buster sign and "ban" all guns.

Check under the "Cool Zones" section https://www.pennlago.com/hot-zones-pennsylvania-lago-can-cannot-carry-firearm/

https://crimeresearch.org/2018/10/pittsburgh-tree-of-life-synagogue-shooting-apparently-took-place-in-another-gun-free-zone/

The second link states that the Tree of Life synagogue is a gun-free zone, but it provides no documentation to support that statement. Oh, well ... I entered it as a gun-free zone in my spreadsheet.

And that reminded me that I still have missing information for some previous shooting, and that the Chief of Police in Middleton, Wisconsin, has not responded to my FOI request. I'll have to see how I go about following up on that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2018, 12:25:39 PM »

That would be awesome.  :laugh:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2018, 06:26:42 PM »

Then tell him about the "One Drop" rule...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 01:08:43 AM »

Well at least then he could control the banking system.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 03:07:01 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/37888/new-york-times-just-made-stunning-admission-about-ben-shapiro

During the past 22 months, not one person caught or identified as the aggressor in an anti-Semitic hate crime has been associated with a far right-wing group, Mark Molinari, commanding officer of the police department’s Hate Crimes Task Force, told me.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 03:47:54 PM »
Some top-shelf snark in this thread.

:rofl:
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden