Author Topic: Ben & Jerry's has a new flavor.  (Read 735 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Ben & Jerry's has a new flavor.
« on: October 30, 2018, 10:42:45 PM »
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/10/30/18043054/ben-jerrys-political-pecan-resist

New Pecan Resist.
“We can peacefully resist the Trump administration’s regressive and discriminatory policies and build a future that values inclusivity, equality, and justice for people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, refugees, and immigrants.”
Nothing like sitting down to have some ice cream and a big heaping of politics...

Vox actually has an interesting observation at the end,
Part of the allure of the “resistance brand,” Hess points out, is that it presents a more appealing alternative to the annoying time-suck of actually resisting. The problem isn’t progressive ice cream; the problem is that buying ice cream — or mascara, or salt — is not civic engagement, even if you sign up for the emails.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Ben & Jerry's has a new flavor.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »
Virtue signaling for “the Benjamins”.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:09:45 PM »
We need some "conservative" ice cream flavors.
"Salted caramel" is popular right now, we could market a liberal tears salted caramel.
Or how about "Revenge, a dish best served cold"
"Snowflake" ice cream, Flavorless and totally lacking substance but still leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 11:11:28 PM »
Unilever owns B&J, good luck with any protest with their products.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 11:15:19 PM »
Over rated ice cream anyway.

I'll stick with Bryer's Reeses Cups and Magnum Bars.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 06:19:39 AM »
I bid a fickle finger of fate to Commiecream when they started advocating for the out and out release of Mumia Abu-Jamal, who killed a Philadelphia police officer in cold blood.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 09:47:36 AM »
I agree with Bluestarlizzard -- B&J's is greatly overrated. (Not to mention over-priced.)

Actually, in the spirit of full disclosure I should say "was" overrated and over-priced. I am not qualified to discuss it in the present tense because I haven't bought any of their product for more than 25 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 10:10:57 AM »
We have a local ice cream around here that was started by a guy who was a Republican candidate for governor.

High quality ice cream for the rare occasion I buy some.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 11:51:01 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that is wicked funny! :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero