Author Topic: Work Situation Settled  (Read 718 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Work Situation Settled
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »
Well, since nobody responded to my update in the "Upheaval at Work" thread, I'll pretend that y'all actually care about me and post the update again in a new thread.

I've gotten two job offers, one local, one in Yakima, WA.  The local offer, while it has the distinct advantage of not requiring a move, has a big disadvantage in terms of potential advancement, particularly in terms of salary.  The Yakima job, while requiring a relocation offered a better salary, a killer relocation package, and better advancement options.  Plus WA is a state SWMBO has been agitating to move to for years.  Half of my family and all of her's are scattered between Eugene, OR and Seattle. 

I had been stalling for time to find out if we'd win the MSES II/B contract (support work for Goddard Space Flight Center).  I found out Tuesday that the team we were a part of did not win that contract. 

So, I've given my unofficial notice.  Only reason it's unofficial is that once I give my official written notice I can't take any floating holiday time.  My boss recommended I go ahead and burn as much of that as I can before Feb 8 (my last day will be Feb 22) so I don't loose it.  I'm taking off this Friday-Tuesday.  We have enough stuff to get done that I really appreciated that.  He's been such a good boss that I've really hated to have to leave, but the future of the facility is just in too much doubt.  At least I know we'll part on very good terms.
Formerly sumpnz

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
Re: Work Situation Settled
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:57:17 PM »
Congrats on the new gig. Good luck.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:16:46 PM »
Thank you for the kind words.
Formerly sumpnz

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:57:52 AM »
"At least I know we'll part on very good terms."

Nice!

New job and no burned bridges!!!

Way to go.

As far as your original thread, we do care.  Fistful was supposed to write the official APS letter, but again, he dropped the ball.

(You know, it's nice having a forum scapegoat!!!)
One day at a time.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:55:43 PM »
Blame it on fistful?  Works for me.

Thanks.
Formerly sumpnz