Author Topic: When Democrats went to the moon  (Read 1082 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
When Democrats went to the moon
« on: December 01, 2018, 01:49:21 AM »
That's one small step for crazy Democrat; one giant leap for crazy-Democrat-kind.

Ocasio-Cortez has repeatedly claimed that going to the moon was somehow a partisan achievement for the Democratic Party, despite the fact that NASA – which is not a political organization – was created by a Republican president and the U.S. landed on the moon under a Republican president.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38900/watch-ocasio-cortez-compares-election-victory-ryan-saavedra
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
Re: When Democrats went to the moon
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:53:51 AM »
We enfranchised the country.

Admittedly a politician will say ambiguous political things, but I wonder what she meant by that.  Oh well, like the moon statement, I'm not sure even she knows what she meant.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 09:32:23 AM »
We digged deep and we did it.

Really? How did this person even get past grammar [sic] school?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:38:35 AM »
She's rapidly becoming the Kamala Harris of the House. Incredibly dumb person who is embraced by followers as a brilliant person. It might be comical if she wasn't in a position to help screw up the country.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 05:57:30 PM »
Well, let's be fair- the Democratic Party does have some huge partisan achievements- like starting a whole Civil War which killed 600000 Americans to protect slavery.  That's probably their most outstanding  triumph.   :lol:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »
Well, let's be fair- the Democratic Party does have some huge partisan achievements- like starting a whole Civil War which killed 600000 Americans to protect slavery.  That's probably their most outstanding  triumph.   :lol:
And don't forget, they created the Klan - and had one of their Klansmen (Robert W. Byrd) serving in the U.S. Senate as recently as 2010.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »
She's rapidly becoming the Kamala Harris of the House. Incredibly dumb person who is embraced by followers as a brilliant person. It might be comical if she wasn't in a position to help screw up the country.

Ocasio-Cortez makes Harris look like a rocket scientist.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »

It works though...

Ocasio-Cortez, wittingly or not, has appropriated a technique mastered by President Trump.

Trump prefers positive attention, but he’ll take negative attention over no attention every time, in part because he knows his supporters will intensify their dedication to him in response to allegedly unfair attacks. AOC is doing the same thing. By forcing partisans to take sides, she generates controversy. Controversy attracts media attention. Media attention generates even more controversy. And so on.

As with Trump, sometimes she clearly knows what she’s doing, and other times she simply displays her ignorance. But at this stage, it doesn’t matter. The more right-wing partisans attack her, the more left-wing partisans rally to her. The more left-wingers rally to her, the more justified the Right feels in paying attention to her.

I suspect this will be new model for years to come.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »
At least she is the one getting the quotes in the news instead of Sheila Jackson Lee from Houston.  Most of us were long tired of hearing from that woman.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge