Author Topic: NPR fake news ie they lied  (Read 753 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
NPR fake news ie they lied
« on: December 02, 2018, 12:35:38 PM »
NPR reported Don Jr lied to Congress. No small claim.

Forced to issue a correction when called out on their lies.

Why are we still funding them?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/npr-issues-correction-after-falsely-accusing-trump-jr-of-being-in-legal-jeopardy-for-lying-to-senate?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: NPR fake news ie they lied
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
What bothers me more, because it's not just them, but other MSM outlets as well, is the viewing ratio of false story vs corrections. These MSM outlets will use Twitter to promote their stories, get 500,000 "retweets" of the false story, and 500 "retweets" of the truthful correction.

This whole thing about being the first out there with "live" news in the 24/7 cycle, with few or no accuracy checks, is a big public disservice, IMO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 01:17:26 PM »
What bothers me more, because it's not just them, but other MSM outlets as well, is the viewing ratio of false story vs corrections. These MSM outlets will use Twitter to promote their stories, get 500,000 "retweets" of the false story, and 500 "retweets" of the truthful correction.

This whole thing about being the first out there with "live" news in the 24/7 cycle, with few or no accuracy checks, is a big public disservice, IMO.

That’s a feature not a bug, to the establishment propaganda complex.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 07:33:33 PM »
It's probably worth taking notes on which specific NPR personnel were involved..  For purely academic purposes.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 11:39:50 PM »
It's probably worth taking notes on which specific NPR personnel were involved..  For purely academic purposes.

I think it would be interesting to "grade" the various  reporters ad their outlets by how many stories they get wrong anx have to issue corrections on.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 08:10:21 AM »
That only works if they're independently caught and exposed.

If caught by a conservative, it's merely right wing lies from the NRA and the Republican propaganda machine, or hate speech, therefore censored.

Hate speech is always a good one, since any criticism, however valid or well-founded, can be labeled as such.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.