Author Topic: Over 60% of Non-Citizens Are on Welfare  (Read 1732 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Over 60% of Non-Citizens Are on Welfare
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:39 PM »
As per 2014 census data, and this is just the stuff that's actually reported. I would guess the numbers for those further under the radar are higher.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/12/03/shocker-census-numbers-reveal-that-63-percent-of-non-citizens-are-using-a-welfare-program/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Over 60% of Non-Citizens Are on Welfare
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:21:04 PM »
how shocking
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 08:58:49 AM »
Good news! Reading the linked article , it seems that after having been here for 10 years, the utilization of Welfare by immigrants goes from 63% to 70%.

And that's just why the Democrats want them. A dependent class committed to putting the "FREE STUFF" party into power.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »
There is a word for this in biology.  Parasitism.  :mad:
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:44:07 AM »
There is a word for this in biology.  Parasitism.  :mad:

There's a word for it in psychology, too: Insanity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 10:49:56 AM »
Not to discount the 63% figure, but I find it MUCH more disturbing that 35% of American households are on some form of welfare.

I remember hearing radio commercials during Obama's presidency where the dialog was that it was 'cool' and 'totally awesome' to sign up for EBT.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 11:06:05 AM »
Not to discount the 63% figure, but I find it MUCH more disturbing that 35% of American households are on some form of welfare.

I remember hearing radio commercials during Obama's presidency where the dialog was that it was 'cool' and 'totally awesome' to sign up for EBT.

True. Though I thought I read a while back that over 50% of the US population is getting some kind of money or free stuff. I'm not sure what all was counted as "assistance" in that figure.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 12:06:16 PM »

From the report:

The major welfare programs examined in this report are Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) food program, free or subsidized school lunch and breakfast, food stamps (officially called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP), Medicaid, public housing, and rent subsidies.

It's amazing what you can earn to qualify for some of these.

WIC, for example, if you earn the median income in the nation and have at least 2 children, you can qualify for WIC while your children are small. That median income (~$50K) goes a LOT further in some areas of the country than in others. But it doesn't matter the cost of living in your area, you're qualified, even if you own a home, 2 cars, an RV, etc... None of it matters- you have small children.

(*Note: we have small children so I've seen the literature at Dr.'s offices. I'm not as familiar with the requirements for the others.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 01:02:54 PM »
From the report:

It's amazing what you can earn to qualify for some of these.

WIC, for example, if you earn the median income in the nation and have at least 2 children, you can qualify for WIC while your children are small. That median income (~$50K) goes a LOT further in some areas of the country than in others. But it doesn't matter the cost of living in your area, you're qualified, even if you own a home, 2 cars, an RV, etc... None of it matters- you have small children.

(*Note: we have small children so I've seen the literature at Dr.'s offices. I'm not as familiar with the requirements for the others.

The goal of many people in my state is to get on welfare and disability so they never have to work again. The typical pattern is to get on Social Security Disability for an issue that cant be proven, then get on other forms as they can

It’s little wonder employers are desperate for employees who will show up reliability and can pass a drug test. Skilled workers? Damned near unicorn status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obamas-julia-ad-and-the-new-hubby-state/2012/05/11/gIQAcRdoIU_story.html?utm_term=.12b6ae740831
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 01:32:30 PM »
something to counteract

https://www.inc.com/dustin-mckissen/study-shows-immigrants-are-more-than-twice-as-likely-to-become-entrepreneurs.html

And, after finally digging through the reports to get hard numbers (because I noticed everything was reported as relative to make it look bigger and more impactful):

Native born "entrepreneurship" numbers: 00.25%
Foreign born "entrepreneurship" numbers 00.5%

You know what else? I'm betting that .5% has a LOT of very clear markers of individuals we want to bring into the country as do the 70% that come here to take welfare.

I'm willing to cast a broad net and get 10X the number of entrepreneurs and take in 5% of the current immigration levels, limiting it to those most likely to become entrepreneurs.

What's funny is that the very people pushing the above argument would balk at that, because it's all about finding an excuse to get cheap labor for the upper classes. (And votes for the Dems)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 01:41:18 PM »
What's funny is that the very people pushing the above argument would balk at that, because it's all about finding an excuse to get cheap labor for the upper classes. (And votes for the Dems)

why we have a horrible immigration program.

Uranus is a gas giant.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 02:32:15 PM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »
Wonder how many of those immigrants were/are illegal aliens . . .

I know of several that came here illegally, now own a restaurants.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 11:16:02 PM »
We could just double or 2.5x the quarters needed to be vested in Social Security and Medicare for folks born after 1970, that will be fix some of the problems. So instead of 10 years (40 qtrs.) you'll need 20 years (80qtrs) or 25 years (100 qtrs).

Uranus is a gas giant.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 11:51:45 PM »
We could just double or 2.5x the quarters needed to be vested in Social Security and Medicare for folks born after 1970, that will be fix some of the problems. So instead of 10 years (40 qtrs.) you'll need 20 years (80qtrs) or 25 years (100 qtrs).

So your solution is to increase taxes for a ponzi scheme. Wrong. The solution is to quit subsidizing leeches.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 12:05:52 AM »
So your solution is to increase taxes for a ponzi scheme. Wrong. The solution is to quit subsidizing leeches.

Good luck slaughtering that most sacred cow.

I just have an idea to keep it out of reach for those who don't pay into it.

Subsidizing leeches is probably cheaper than having roving bands starving people committing crimes.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 04:25:07 AM »
Good luck slaughtering that most sacred cow.

I just have an idea to keep it out of reach for those who don't pay into it.

Subsidizing leeches is probably cheaper than having roving bands starving people committing crimes.

The mutual aid societies and fraternal organizations did a good job of keeping the leeches off the dole, until the fed.gov decided that those who didn't pay in would still get bennies and took over.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 08:09:54 AM »
Every culture or society has what’s called the free rider problem.

Our culture/society has taken the insane position of not only subsidizing free riders but importing even more free riders.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 08:35:41 AM »
The mutual aid societies and fraternal organizations did a good job of keeping the leeches off the dole,

I hear people saying that but I have yet to see proof of that in actual historical documents. I do see lots of historical black and white photos of people of all colors and genders living in crappy conditions.

Uranus is a gas giant.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 10:10:40 AM »
I hear people saying that but I have yet to see proof of that in actual historical documents. I do see lots of historical black and white photos of people of all colors and genders living in crappy conditions.

Most people who were working were also in crappy conditions.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »
Big agriculture runs the same racket the big banks run.

Personalize the profits and socialize the costs.

The free health care the immigrants receive swamps any social benefits of cheap labor.

Come to think of it, that’s what the permanent unelected government does also.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 10:26:44 AM »
Big agriculture runs the same racket the big banks run.

Personalize the profits and socialize the costs.

The free health care the immigrants receive swamps any social benefits of cheap labor.

Come to think of it, that’s what the permanent unelected government does also.

Someone else is seeing what I see!

Uranus is a gas giant.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 10:28:58 AM »
The mutual aid societies and fraternal organizations did a good job of keeping the leeches off the dole, until the fed.gov decided that those who didn't pay in would still get bennies and took over.

But big sugar daddy government is much better because it’s non-judgy, and isn’t connected to any icky religion.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama