Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!  (Read 2525 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes for 2019!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 12:42:19 PM »
My 1st Record, a Christmas record, recorded on vinyl in 1961
https://youtu.be/5NPY3yC-VtE
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2018, 12:47:39 PM »
My 1st Record, a Christmas record, recorded on vinyl in 1961
https://youtu.be/5NPY3yC-VtE

That's crackin' me up because my dad made me do the same kind of thing after he bought our first tape recorder, plus having to tell it all about Christmas. It brought much hilarity to family gatherings (and embarrassment to me) a couple of decades later. I'm still not sure if I'm sad or happy that the tape disappeared somewhere along the way.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 12:54:46 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »
Merry Christmas to all.  All the family was here this morning for a big breakfast and gifts.  Then they all trickled off to various and sundry other family members.  Very peaceful now with the fireplace and a good book.  Oh and some homemade chocolates and maybe some sippin' rum in a little while.  Today is Swmbo's birthday too.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2018, 05:51:09 PM »
That's crackin' me up because my dad made me do the same kind of thing after he bought our first tape recorder, plus having to tell it all about Christmas. It brought much hilarity to family gatherings (and embarrassment to me) a couple of decades later. I'm still not sure if I'm sad or happy that the tape disappeared somewhere along the way.  :laugh:

I still have the vinyl pressing of that but dubbed it to Digital MP3 some years back. This is the first time I made it public. Only a very small handful had ever heard it until today.
VERY glad I have it and can hear my dad's loving voice... :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2018, 05:58:33 PM »
Merry Christmas to all.  All the family was here this morning for a big breakfast and gifts.  Then they all trickled off to various and sundry other family members.  Very peaceful now with the fireplace and a good book.  Oh and some homemade chocolates and maybe some sippin' rum in a little while.  Today is Swmbo's birthday too.

Happy birthday to your wife!

I'm still waiting for that peaceful fire, book, liquor time. It's still a few hours off for me yet. I'm currently eating various flavors of Play-doh ice cream.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 08:50:16 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 09:06:03 PM »
Well, quiet time has arrived, but I have to skip the roaring fire. All the guests wanted the fire going in the woodstove all day for that Christmas feel, so now the house is like 78deg.  :laugh:

I'll probably open a window, dim the lights, and start a little fire with kindling just before bedtime so I can sit and contemplate for awhile and sip my Christmas Grand Marnier. :)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 10:05:24 PM »
Ben, Swmbo went off to bed a half hour ago.  She said thanks for the birthday greeting.  She was up at 5:30 AM EST to fix the breakfast for our clan.  I've got another two fat fingers of Bourbon to sip on and cruise the 'net for a little while.  Glad you're having a quiet time now.  Warm regards from Michigan.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 11:06:58 PM »
Had great conversations with two sons and DIL.  Also got a phone message from a former Boss lady.

Idiot next door hollered at me again for running kitchen water too long as I hand-washed a couple of things.  Marred day a little, but I fell back on the old "Don't let the pinheads get you down" saying.

Warm feelings reading about youse guys winding down after a full day.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 12:29:29 AM »
Merry Christmas, folks.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 02:08:36 AM »
Fleas navidog:

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend