Author Topic: Hawaii Cold Spell. (Another sign of "Global Warming?")  (Read 915 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Hawaii Cold Spell. (Another sign of "Global Warming?")
« on: February 05, 2007, 04:49:57 PM »
Hawaii Cold Spell
By Beth Hillyer
http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=6035185

HONOLULU (KHNL) - Spring is nearly upon us, but a chill is sweeping the state.

With temperatures dipping into the 50's in some neighborhoods people are talking about the cold spell.

Beth Hillyer is live in Kalihi with more on the winter weather.

The place is packed at Boulevard Saimen in Kalihi.

Tiffany Robertson enjoys her bowl, "Oh yeah, saimen is the best when it's cold like this."

The manager likes the cold weather since customers are looking for a way to warm up.

"Saimen, it's warm when it's cold, it's the best thing you can eat, comfort food."

Others found comfort not in food but in a cup of hot coco.

Joann Matsuo admits it was so cold this morning she stayed in bed until noon. "It's actually warmer in here than out there. I am freezing. I heard tomorrow is going to be the coldest day of the winter. And I have a heating blanket I bought so hopefully that will be sufficient."

Others like the cold snap. Napoleon Arline says, "Well it's cool and I'm enjoying it but I like the cold weather always have. Chilly but good though I even had my air conditioner on though. "

And this couple still sips ice cold drinks. Barbara Valdez explains, "I moved here a year ago and this is the first time I put on sweater and jeans."

Gabriel Valenzuela adds, "You wake up feel cold breeze coming in the window and doesn't feel like Hawaii right now."

They are on their way to the Punahou carnival which will be chilly.

Valenzuela concludes, "Well I guess the good thing is that you have a good reason to cuddle and hug her now."

Saimin, hot chocolate and cuddling. Some creative ways of keeping warm.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: Hawaii Cold Spell. (Another sign of "Global Warming?")
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »
With temperatures dipping into the 50's in some neighborhoods people are talking about the cold spell.

Crybabies. At least water is still a liquid at 50F and not the white powdery solid gets blown EVERYWHERE with the wind or that hard, slippery and bumpy sheet of lumps thats been covering my street for the past six weeks.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 03:50:37 AM »
It's an el Nino year. Expect nutty weather patterns all year.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:51:02 AM »
Heard a report on the radio late last week that El Nino has already faded.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »
I got this the other day from a board populated by many UKers:  Global Warming causes Global Cooling. rolleyes grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »
I got this the other day from a board populated by many UKers:  Global Warming causes Global Cooling. rolleyes grin

Who needs fiction when real life can provide all the humor you need?  grin
Andy

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »
Global Warming causes Global Cooling.

There may be some basis to that.  Wikipedia has a decent summary on the oceanic currents and how they convey heat from the tropics to the polar regions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermohaline_circulation
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »
Global warming. Ozone depletion. Genetic mutations. Hang 11.
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.