Author Topic: A Guy Walks into a Bar...  (Read 521 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A Guy Walks into a Bar...
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:41:24 PM »
The bartender say, "What'll ya have pardner?"

The guy says, "Round Up - straight up!"

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ingredient-in-roundup-weed-killer-found-in-popular-beers-and-wine-researchers-say
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JN01

• friend
Re: A Guy Walks into a Bar...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »
At least you don't have to worry about dandelions in your urinary tract.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 09:13:49 PM »
More for people who don't understand scale, like vaxxers, fukishima zomgers, or good ol chemtrailers.

Parts per billion. Probably a few parts from the Trinity nuke test in there too. Persistent chemical is persistent. Special at 11! Water is wet!

I do think about stuff like this, I limit foods for exposure and worry about my bees. But at some point man has touched every part of the food chain. We wouldn't know ten years ago because stuff like this was beyond the limits of detection.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:17:09 AM »
"Probably a few parts from the Trinity nuke test in there too."

Few years ago a friend of mine sent me a piece of Trinitite.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 08:56:31 AM »
If you were to measure all the chemicals and other stuff that show up in your food and drink at parts per billion levels, I think you would find quite a bit of stuff.  That concentration is tiny.  There are probably larger concentrations of rat parts and feces.  I imagine anything and everything that comes into contact with the active ingredients would show up if you looked close enough.  
Plus, if this shows up in beer and wine, I imagine just about any farming chemical would show up in most of your commercial foods. 

In a study published this month in the journal Mutation Research, U.S. academics linked high exposure to glyphosate-based products to non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a type of blood cancer.
Makes me curious what "high exposure" means in that study.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge