Author Topic: Kidnap Tourism  (Read 598 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Kidnap Tourism
« on: April 27, 2019, 08:52:40 AM »
It might be a Fox News slant, but this woman sounds like she's practically advertising, "Go to Uganda and get kidnapped! It's a wonderful experience!"

“They could have sold me to a different group. When I went out in the open they had guns that also protected me. It could have been so much worse than it was,” Kimberley Endicott told CBS on Thursday.

A liberal twofer. The disconnect between "protecting her" and protecting their investment, and oh yeah, guns are good sometimes. I guarantee this woman would vote for a national gun ban.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-tourist-kidnapped-in-uganda-felt-compassion-for-captors-says-they-were-her-protectors
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 09:50:47 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Kidnap Tourism
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 09:48:47 AM »
Wrong link?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 09:58:34 AM »
She said at one point while they were walking she looked up the most beautiful sky she’d ever seen. “That was when I became very aware of humanizing myself to them ... I said, 'Look at the sky.' I said, 'We don't have this at home.'" She told CBS it became a kind of “relationship,” and after they built her a tent she wondered for the first time, 'Why are they taking such good care of me?'"

They don't have a sky in California?
Let me guess, because Trump?

Her next stop, sunny North Korea!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 10:32:23 AM »
She feels guilty because this this puts a "taint" on Uganda.
Oh, and you have dry skin.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-tourist-kidnapped-uganda-kimberly-endicott-says-captors-were-also-her-protectors/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 11:32:45 AM »
Let me help:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Stockholm+syndrome

Watch the interview, I really don't think it's a case of Stockholm Syndrome. I could be wrong though.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 06:13:15 PM »
Watch the interview, I really don't think it's a case of Stockholm Syndrome. I could be wrong though.

I think you're correct. It's not Stockholm Syndrome. She's just an idiot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design