Author Topic: FBI foils FBI terror plot  (Read 667 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
FBI foils FBI terror plot
« on: April 29, 2019, 06:20:42 PM »
https://ktla.com/2019/04/29/authorities-disrupt-alleged-terror-plot-in-southern-california/

Idiot lacking the knowledge to build his own bomb, or the contacts to find anyone who would build/sell him one, is nursed/goaded online by FBI into buying inert components from a controlled deal.

Don't worry, you're all safe now.   ;/
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: FBI foils FBI terror plot
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 06:59:50 PM »
THE HORROR!

[Alleged] white supremecist in New Zealand attacks a mosque.

I know! Let's kill a bunch of Americans -- THAT'll show that New Zealand punk!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 07:07:27 PM »
THE HORROR!

[Alleged] white supremecist in New Zealand attacks a mosque.

I know! Let's kill a bunch of Americans -- THAT'll show that New Zealand punk!

It would be just someone doing something.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 08:40:33 AM »
How many actual terrorists has the FBI actually caught.  Not the one's they created since 9/11.  Actual terrorists that were trying to kill Americans.  They've got to be ahead of the TSA at least.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:47:11 AM »
How many actual terrorists has the FBI actually caught.  Not the one's they created since 9/11.  Actual terrorists that were trying to kill Americans.  They've got to be ahead of the TSA at least.

Yeah, but the TSA is way ahead in gropings
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 09:09:24 AM »
But FBI officials said the public was not in danger and there was no credible threat in the two months Domingo was allegedly plotting.
I don't think they can really know this.  Seems to me the guy could have had enough knowledge to know they were not real explosive devices.

I wouldn't say this was a non-existent threat, but I am not sure how serious the guy was before the FBI got involved just based on the article.  The guy was already fantasizing about an attack and it apparently wasn't very hard to get him into serious preparations.  I would be curious to see the communications with the FBI.  Just how serious was he and what role did the agent play in getting him from fantasy to reality. 

Makes me think of a someone who is entertaining the idea of using drugs and runs into a drug dealer who talks him into buying some.  Is the drug user still in the wrong?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 10:33:12 AM »
So he met the FBI in a private messaging group.

Uh huh. Was this group run out of an office in the J. Edgar Hoover building in Washington?

This sort of reminds me of the stories that circulated in the news about "militias" shortly after the OKC bombing; in some of the militia analysis for a couple of years afterwards, someone suggested that militia groups should be regarded as government agencies, since so many Federal agents had recently joined them undercover.

Can't help but wonder if there's something like this at work here - the Feds trolling to see who bites. (And looking at the guy's pictures in the article linked in the OP, my thought was "If Obama had a son, he could look like that . . . ")
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 11:35:48 AM »
So he met the FBI in a private messaging group.

Uh huh. Was this group run out of an office in the J. Edgar Hoover building in Washington?

This sort of reminds me of the stories that circulated in the news about "militias" shortly after the OKC bombing; in some of the militia analysis for a couple of years afterwards, someone suggested that militia groups should be regarded as government agencies, since so many Federal agents had recently joined them undercover.

Can't help but wonder if there's something like this at work here - the Feds trolling to see who bites.

"Well, duh."   The guy you need to watch our for is the one who keeps bugging you to do illegal stuff.

There was a guy popped up on a libertariian email list I was on, late '90s-early2000s.  Obnoxious trolly type guy, who ended up pissing everybody off.  Everyone kind of assumed he was a plant.  Even now, you can run his name at the g00gle, and find page after page of hits for him, rampaging his way through various right/constitutionalist/libertarian groups, like an Energizer Bunny of chaos.  No visible means of support, so who's funding this idiot?

(And looking at the guy's pictures in the article linked in the OP, my thought was "If Obama had a son, he could look like that . . . ")

:rofl:
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 02:26:10 PM »
On "Militias", I am in the world's biggest since the time I turned 17 and will be in it until I am 65:
What does the US Code actually say about "the militia"? Functionally, there are only three laws on the books that deal specifically with "the militia". Title 10 USC, Chapter 13, Sec. 312 defines who is exempt from serving in the militia; Section 313 of Title 32 extends the term of service in the militia to honorably discharged members of the Active Duty Armed Forces to the age of 65. It is only in Title 10 USC, Chapter 13, Sec. 311 that the militia is specifically defined:

Title 10 USC Ch. 13 Sec. 311

TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
 Subtitle A - General Military Law
 PART I - ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS
 CHAPTER 13 - THE MILITIA

Sec. 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
 males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
 declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
 and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
 National Guard.
 (b) The classes of the militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
 and the Naval Militia; and
 (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
 the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
 Naval Militia.

SOURCE
 (Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 14; Pub. L. 85-861, Sec. 1(7),
 Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1439; Pub. L. 103-160, div. A, title V,
 Sec. 524(a), Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1656.)

Already being in the big, "real" one, WTH would I wanna be in one of these Piss Ant "wanna be" outfits? Now, if a group wants to gather, practice and train, I'm all for it, just don't go calling yourself some sort of "militia" group.
 :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!