Author Topic: Concentration Camps!!!  (Read 2648 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Concentration Camps!!!
« on: June 12, 2019, 05:35:46 PM »
Wow. Another example of extreme media bias. There were several earlier stories showing people going nuts about "Trump sending children to internment camps". However, I'll just link this most current Twitchy post that dug a bit and shows side by side examples of how the MSM covered this when Obama did it (also at Fort Sill) vs Trump doing it now. How a place that happens to have available housing was viewed in 2014 and in 2019:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/06/12/how-to-lie-by-omission-james-taranto-and-jeryl-bier-obliterate-medias-2014-vs-2019-internment-camp-spin-in-2-maddening-threads/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Concentration Camps!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »
One of my pet peeves for decades has been conflating the phrase 'concentration camp' with 'extermination camp'.  A 'concentration camp' may be a very bad place, but it is orders of magnitude removed from an 'extermination camp' as was Treblinka or Auschwitz. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:04:13 PM »
A photo from inside the "internment camp":

More at the link (including what the commies want everyone to think it is).

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/06/12/clown-sen-jeff-merkley-claims-trump-reopened-an-internment-camp-to-detain-migrant-children/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:08:53 PM »
Wait until these people find out we have juvenile detention centers FOR OUR OWN CITIZENS!

And COLORED PEOPLE PEOPLE OF COLOR PRECIOUS CHILDREN WHO ARE BETTER THAN YOUR STUPID WHITE CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT WHITE ARE OVER-REPRESENTED! (Well, probably. I'm just guessing. It's probably racist to make such a guess.  ;/)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 07:39:57 AM »

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/06/12/clown-sen-jeff-merkley-claims-trump-reopened-an-internment-camp-to-detain-migrant-children/

That's was while BHO was pres

This is the same camp under Trump according to the MSM

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 09:40:11 AM »

I think I could concentrate well in that environment. Give me a jug of coffee and a bag of chips, and I could do my studying there for hours at a time.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 09:57:58 AM »
But how can you tolerate the horror of chair colors that don't match? !!!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 12:38:18 PM »
I've paid to stay at worst places and they get to stay for free.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 12:50:39 PM »
I've paid to stay at worst places and they get to stay for free.on the taxpayer's dime.

FTFY.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 02:19:14 PM »
I think I could concentrate well in that environment. Give me a jug of coffee and a bag of chips, and I could do my studying there for hours at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UDl6iRnQB4
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg1di8sGxWc

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 07:13:40 PM »
I will come back to this thread with a picture of the barracks the Army gives me at Ft. Hood in a month. We can compare  "camps"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
In a sane country, we could be kicking these people out of the country immediately instead of "interning" them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 11:23:12 AM »
In a sane country, we could be kicking these people out of the country immediately instead of "interning" them.
Just set up the temporary internment locations in Antarctica (or maybe Northern Alaska).  If they drop any asylum or immigration requests, get Argentina to accept them way down on the Southern end.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 05:11:56 PM »
I will come back to this thread with a picture of the barracks the Army gives me at Ft. Hood in a month. We can compare  "camps"

In the 80's and 90's I spent a great deal of time in the old WWII barracks at Ft. Lewis, Ft. Knox, & Ft. McCoy.  Perhaps we should build a bunch of those right on the Southern border and put all the illegals and "asylum seekers" in those. and MRE's 3x daily...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »
Herrrrrrres AOC!

“That is exactly what they are. They are concentration camps,” Ocasio-Cortez said of migrant holding facilities during a Q&A live-streamed on Instagram. “The fact that concentrations camps are now an institutionalized practice in the Home of the Free is extraordinarily disturbing and we need to do something about it.”

Ocasio-Cortez: Trump Running ‘Concentration Camps’ at Border
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/18/ocasio-cortez-trump-running-concentration-camps-at-border/
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 11:06:02 AM »
That girl fell out of stupid/crazy tree and not only hit every branch on the way down, but keeps inventing new branches.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 02:42:27 PM »
In the 80's and 90's I spent a great deal of time in the old WWII barracks at Ft. Lewis, Ft. Knox, & Ft. McCoy.  Perhaps we should build a bunch of those right on the Southern border and put all the illegals and "asylum seekers" in those. and MRE's 3x daily...
How about bologna sandwiches. 

If we had a wall, I would almost be in favor of building a camp right up on the wall and leave the door open on the Mexican side. 

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 06:44:53 PM »
Tell AOC concentration camps have garbage disposals
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
From what I have heard, part of those camps are quarantines for the diseased they are finding.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »
From what I have heard, part of those camps are quarantines for the diseased they are findingbringing with them and infecting border patrol agents with..

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
Also, it's not a concentration camp if you can leave. These people (the adults - obviously the unaccompanied children need looking after) can leave anytime they want, as long as they go south.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 03:19:59 AM »
Also, it's not a concentration camp if you can leave. These people (the adults - obviously the unaccompanied children need looking after) can leave anytime they want, as long as they go south.

Not to mention, they're coming in droves to get into our Nazi death camps. Trump is not exactly confiscating their family businesses in downtown Sheboygan and moving them into these places.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 08:35:50 AM »
Not to mention, they're coming in droves to get into our Nazi death camps. Trump is not exactly confiscating their family businesses in downtown Sheboygan and moving them into these places.

I'm also a bit perplexed - and somehow I may be missing it in the news - that more people are not making the obvious distinction that no one is being held against their will. They can travel South, then go anywhere else in the whole damn world. Or try to, anyway. If I attempt to sneak into any other country, including "enlightened" ones like Canada, they may simply tell me to leave of my own free will. If I don't though, I'm going to whatever serves as a jail in that particular country, not a hotel room. Some countries of course, may be much less... pleasant.

Another argument for liberals would be, why are we putting our own military personnel in concentration camps? Because most of the detention centers seem to be at least as good as basic training housing, and certainly some ofthe pictures show rooms at least as nice as Qs that I have stayed at.