Author Topic: 2nd Round of Dem Debates  (Read 2641 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
2nd Round of Dem Debates
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »
I'm not watching them, but in reading some synopses, two things that are cracking me up:

1) Apparently all the candidates tonight are bashing our terrible healthcare system that I think some guy named Obama put in place as the signature of his presidency.

2) Bernie Sanders is going to have the Grandpa Simpson "old man yells at cloud" meme as his main campaign advertisement. HE APPARENTLY CAN'T LOWER HIS VOICE AND IS YELLING OUT ALL HIS ANSWERS!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: 2nd Round of Dem Debates
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 01:59:49 AM »
Unfortunately they aren’t bashing Obamacare, they are bashing those stupid hicks in flyover land who won’t let us take over healthcare completely for their own benefit. You know, all those stupid hicks who don’t want at best the quality of the VA at the cost of the most expensive private hospitals, those stupid hicks who don’t really care for the idea of waiting months to see the doctor, those stupid hicks who aren’t excited about being put on the “just hurry up and die you cost us too much money” list, etc. Those stupid hicks just don’t know what’s best for them!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 02:06:05 AM »
Unfortunately they aren’t bashing Obamacare, they are bashing those stupid hicks in flyover land who won’t let us take over healthcare completely for their own benefit. You know, all those stupid hicks who don’t want at best the quality of the VA at the cost of the most expensive private hospitals, those stupid hicks who don’t really care for the idea of waiting months to see the doctor, those stupid hicks who aren’t excited about being put on the “just hurry up and die you cost us too much money” list, etc. Those stupid hicks just don’t know what’s best for them!

But it's FREE!!!!!!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 08:19:01 AM »
Delaney and Bullock seemed sane - I wouldn't vote for either, but at least they made noises as if they were trying to be serious people.

The rest . . . the rest sounded like a bunch of raving lunatics; the crazy was strong last night. And it was clear the moderators favored some of the candidates (Bernie, Warren, Butte-whatever) by giving them a LOT more time to talk.

Oh, well, at least nobody "took a knee" during the national anthem, although the guy standing next to the aging flower child (Ryan?) on the far left didn't have the wit to place his hand over his heart during the anthem.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 09:43:23 AM »
So, do we know who CNN gave the questions to ahead of time?  Last time it was Hilary.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »
Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) claimed during Wednesday evening’s Democrat presidential debate that part of the reason President Donald Trump won Michigan in the 2016 election was due to Russia suppressing the votes of black Americans.
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/07/31/cory-booker-trump-won-michigan-because-russians-suppressed-black-voters/

Okay, wut?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 10:54:54 PM »
Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) claimed during Wednesday evening’s Democrat presidential debate that part of the reason President Donald Trump won Michigan in the 2016 election was due to Russia suppressing the votes of black Americans.
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/07/31/cory-booker-trump-won-michigan-because-russians-suppressed-black-voters/

Okay, wut?
Translation:  Trump's popularity with black people is too high; fear and free stuff are the only tactics they know.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 06:10:43 AM »
I like how all the write ups I read are gushing about Beto.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 08:33:39 AM »
Again, didn't watch it, but from the various snippets across the political spectrum, is there a single person in the entire country that likes DeBlasio? What an annoying blowhard.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 08:35:46 AM »
Really starting to enjoy this. Joe Biden, voice of reason says we ought to be able to deport illegals. Obvious. Poo flinging protesters, media commentators, and other candidates ( but I repeatedly repeat myself) shout him down.

The loony protesters are busy dragging the legacy of Hope and change through the mud.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 09:01:40 AM »
Heeee haaaww, heeee haaawww....haw haw haw.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
The scary thing is that whichever looney toon comes out on top in the Democrat debate mess has a real chance of becoming the next President.  Folks that think Trump is guaranteed reelection because the Democrat candidates are all nutburgers are whistling past the graveyard, IMO.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 10:01:58 AM »
The scary thing is that whichever looney toon comes out on top in the Democrat debate mess has a real chance of becoming the next President.  Folks that think Trump is guaranteed reelection because the Democrat candidates are all nutburgers are whistling past the graveyard, IMO.

Although I'm still thinking Kamala Harris is going to be the nominee, Marianne Williamson is also frightening.

Yes, she's nuts, but that's clearly not a disqualifier for most Democrats. Given Trump's election, I'm not willing to count anyone out. Voters may decide her hippy new-age crap is just what this country needs. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 10:03:16 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5odA8Gsmzs
John Stossel
Published on Jul 30, 2019

Presidential Candidates promise expensive new programs. We added up the cost.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5odA8Gsmzs
John Stossel
Published on Jul 30, 2019

Presidential Candidates promise expensive new programs. We added up the cost.

Cost? It's Freeeeeeeeeee!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 11:37:23 AM »

I do think Trump has a good chance of reelection.  Wish I had a crystal ball so I could be sure;  these candidates scare the @#$&*?&₩₩Â¥ out of me.  Biden coming off as the sanest?  Ok...I still don't like his gaff-a-minute propensities. 
A lot of people in fly-over country see the democrat nutters for what it is.
But there's too many snowflakes who need "safe places"  who will vote for the Nutmaster in Chief ...and there are enough candidates for that.... :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 12:19:50 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »
Anyone else notice that Tulsi Gabbard blew the whistle on Trump and let us know he's not working with Putin (RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!) he's actually working for Al-Qaeda!

(And here up to now I thought she was one of the sane ones . . . )

The crazy is strong and pervasive . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 01:55:24 PM »
Anyone else notice that Tulsi Gabbard blew the whistle on Trump and let us know he's not working with Putin (RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!) he's actually working for Al-Qaeda!

(And here up to now I thought she was one of the sane ones . . . )

The crazy is strong and pervasive . . .

I could have told you that- I spent a couple days as Tulsi and it was a harrowing experience.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 07:15:23 PM »
I spent a couple days as Tulsi and it was a harrowing experience.

???  ???  ???

grampster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2019, 10:14:39 PM »
Don't worry, at the last minute Michelle Obama will step up and announce her candidacy with Oprah as her VP.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2019, 11:23:27 PM »
Don't worry, at the last minute Michelle Obama will step up and announce her candidacy with Oprah as her VP.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 08:20:34 AM »
???  ???  ???

SOMEONE doesn't remember the April Fools shenanigans...  :rofl:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2019, 10:54:23 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes