Author Topic: The Expanse Season 4 Trailer  (Read 700 times)

MechAg94

• friend
The Expanse Season 4 Trailer
« on: August 04, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
Two trailers.  One has very little dialog.  Still looks awesome.  Gotta wait I guess. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNIim3xqsEU

https://youtu.be/mOcTECzQVdM
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Expanse Season 4 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »
Can't wait! I suffer through Amazon and Netflix originals specifically because of shows like this. For every 99 absolutely crap shows they put out on a practically weekly basis, they put out one like this, and it makes it all worthwhile.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:01:12 AM »
They've also already announced there will be a season 5
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 10:08:06 AM »
https://youtu.be/ctCm9MnbolA

A replay of some of the space battles.  Really cool stuff.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
https://youtu.be/ctCm9MnbolA

A replay of some of the space battles.  Really cool stuff.

I still can't believe SyFy bailed on this. Total "Firefly" move.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 11:04:31 AM »
I still can't believe SyFy bailed on this. Total "Firefly" move.

& Star Trek TOS, Bablyon 5, & Farscape
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 06:52:09 PM »
Babylon 5 and Farscape went on for quite a while.  I have actually watched all of Babylon 5.  I never see all the Farscape episodes and when I tried to watch later episodes, I was a bit lost. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 07:03:13 PM »
Babylon 5 and Farscape went on for quite a while.  I have actually watched all of Babylon 5.  I never see all the Farscape episodes and when I tried to watch later episodes, I was a bit lost. 

Though Babylon 5 got screwed. There was a nearly perfect 5 year plan*. Between having to jump days and time slots, and even networks, it made life difficult for J. Michael Straczynski and totally miffed the fan base (including me). JMS had to wrap things up in season 4 as a contingency, which really weakened things when he ended up getting the fifth season. Babylon 5 was amazing. I can only imagine how much more amazing it would have been if he'd just gotten a five year guarantee.

* Certainly the Michael O'Hare thing caused a hiccup, but JMS had said he was actually looking at shifting things from O'Hare-centric to someone else-centric, which turned out to be Boxleitner.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 07:07:35 PM »
B5 was planned for 5 seasons but JMS got wind that season 4 was going to be B5's last so he crammed the end of the Earth Civil War into season 4. It was originally planned to take place over two 2 seasons and he had already written it out, that's why S4 felt a bit rushed. Season 5 only happened later because TNT picked up afterwards and in fact the final S5 episode was actually filmed as S4's final episode.

Farscape got unexpectedly canceled after S4 which ended on a chiffhanger. Jim Henson later got the money together to film a three hour miniseries  to finish it in a greatly condensed form

Edit: looks like we basically said the same thing about B5
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:26:07 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes