Author Topic: Dear employee: I am writing out your termination papers. Prepare.  (Read 2447 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Dear employee: I am writing out your termination papers. Prepare.
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 08:44:32 PM »
There was a doula at my kids arrival. Very helpful with 30 hour labor. Delivery was hospital, but with a nurse midwife attending. But yeah, excellent firing.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2019, 01:14:52 AM »
Thankful we didn't pay for a doula.  After 4 kids my was in labor for a cumulative total of 8.5 hours.  Doula would have been pointless, partly because it's doubtful she'd have even arrived before delivery on any but the first.  Guaranteed to have missed the second, given he was 7 minutes old when we got to the birth center.
Formerly sumpnz

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2019, 08:37:07 AM »
There was a doula at my kids arrival. Very helpful with 30 hour labor. Delivery was hospital, but with a nurse midwife attending. But yeah, excellent firing.

Yeah this is one of these things that varies wildly by couple and sometimes by birth. One of my wife's sisters had a 3 day labor and her husband was completely unhelpful. Doula might have been good in that case.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:59 AM »
The problem with this concept is the different pricing scales used by the parties.  Personal services act A is valued by the husband at $ 25, while the wife values it at $ 150.  No way in heck am I paying $ 150 for personal services act A when I can find it at the local bar for $ 25. 
I hear that wives typically demand a monopoly on some services and using competing services can often lead to problems. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2019, 10:00:02 AM »
There is seemingly legit British research that suggests the man's presence at the birth results in longer labors. My own experiences are consistent with the theory. So if that's true it would make sense to outsource standing there and holding her hand and not really doing a damn thing.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 01:58:30 PM »
My wife had such fast labors that if me being there slowed it down she'd have killed me if I'd not been there.
Formerly sumpnz

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2019, 02:39:22 PM »
Is she fired? Did she cry and plead? Is doulaing enough to pay bills, probably not.

bob

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »
We hired a doula for all three of our births (the same doula).  Even with my background in healthcare and EMS, I was well, not useless, but also not as useful as one might have liked....   She did great in helping us.  In a lot of ways, while I was supporting my wife, she was supporting us both.  She coached us through a lot of different ideas and suggestions for helping labor to progress, and she was worth every penny that we paid. 

She's also recently become a nurse midwife. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 12:30:13 AM »
But in this case?  absolutely a good firing.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy