Author Topic: Good news  (Read 692 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Good news
« on: August 25, 2019, 01:58:45 PM »
https://apnews.com/ff56fc43b3e94d97bd3f4e374f4a9f77

A former prosecutor is not entitled to immunity against charges that he fabricated evidence that helped to convict an innocent man of murder.

My great-grandfather, the law professor, always said "There is no justice in the courts." When prosecutors fabricate evidence, and withhold exculpatory evidence, justice dosn't stand a chance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Good news
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 05:15:24 PM »
Vanderbilt’s law license was suspended in 2005 and again in 2011 for violations in other cases

My main question would be:
Why in the ever loving hell did he get his license back after the first time he showed himself to be a scum sucking bottom feeder?
That kind of crap is why I have zero faith in our legal system.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Good news
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
Arfmann was kidnapped and shot to death in rural Jefferson County in November 1999. Tom Bledsoe was originally charged with murder after he confessed led authorities to the body. But shortly afterward, those charges were dropped and Floyd Bledsoe was arrested. He was convicted in 2000 of murder, kidnapping and indecent liberties with a child and sentenced to life in prison.
What a messed up sequence of events.  I can only assume that the jury(s) did not know about that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge